Katie Lou: "That's Why I Came Here" | The Boneyard

Katie Lou: "That's Why I Came Here"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lou expressing a major factor in why the right kids are attracted to and succeed at UConn.

Reaction Score
Lou's a shrewd one. Saying, "Hey Coach, it's entirely cool for you to bench me." California kid, indeed.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Talk is cheap, but Lou went out and backed it up against LSU. She played a great offensive game (if she could only clean up her shots inside the arc!), and resembled Tiffany Hayes at times, hustling and crashing to the floor on numerous occasions.
She was getting the pinball treatment every time she cut through the lane - they only once called a foul toward the end of the game. That was SEC basketball in a nutshell - 38 fouls called, 38 free throws, no freedom of movement anywhere on the court.

Reaction Score
Talk is cheap, but Lou went out and backed it up against LSU. She played a great offensive game (if she could only clean up her shots inside the arc!), and resembled Tiffany Hayes at times, hustling and crashing to the floor on numerous occasions.

I am probably one of the very few people who thinks that Lou's inside the arc jump shot on the move is better than her 3-pt shot. They are not going in at the same rate, but they are mostly in more difficult situation/traffic.

Reaction Score
Doris Burke had it right when she said you can't not call fouls because of a disparity in talent. UcMiami, you're right. Katie Lou was getting the pinball treatment, and she wasn't the only one. If you can beat them, beat them. It didn't work, but it won't stop other teams from trying. Stay tough, Huskies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"It was a hard game to watch," coach Geno Auriemma said. "A lot of stuff going on out there that makes you shake your head. Sometimes when you shoot the ball really well like we did for long stretches, it makes everything else seem OK. I'm just glad we made a bunch of shots in that first half and kind of give us some breathing room."

Katie Lou Samuelson To Rescue As UConn Women Survive Trip To LSU

Reaction Score
Geno referred to Diana as "a west coast kid with an east coast attitude". KLS is definitely west coast, California cool. But a 100% gamer. Times change, Geno's changed...and it's all turning out to be very cool for all concerned.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I am a huge Katie Lou fan. Her 3 point shot is a thing of beauty, and agree that the brief interview above speaks volumes as to her attitude and character. Mid-range game is coming along, although perhaps a little more arc on those? Nice arc on 3 pointers and free throws, but midrange jumpers have looked a little flat IMHO. But what do I know.

You have to like the grit and toughness that Katie Lou and her teammates have shown thus far.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Sometimes, though not often, I wish I could do my graduate work over again, knowing what I know now. I don't know with any certainty if I'd actually execute my thesis any better the second time. But I do like the new topic's title.

Joy, Pride, and Paranoia: The Boneyard of Women's Basketball

(This board is SO much fun. Thank you to all of you for giving your thoughts to it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom