Katie Lou Opens Up About UConn - "This place has a whole different level" | The Boneyard

Katie Lou Opens Up About UConn - "This place has a whole different level"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
upload_2016-11-11_20-5-54.png

"This place has a whole different level," Samuelson said. "How hard you have to work on everything, every specific thing. You can't cut any corner or take anything light."

The reality hit her a year ago in the first few practices in Storrs. Fresh off a decorated high school career that was punctuated with national player of the year awards and the honor of being ranked as the No. 1 recruit in the country, Samuelson thought she was ready.

As it turned out, it took a few months before she was absolutely ready. Samuelson had a sit-down with coaches sometime after UConn moved into the American Athletic Conference portion of the schedule.

The message was blunt.

"They kind of told me straight up, I wasn't playing hard enough, I didn't do enough of the little things and it had nothing to do with talent … I didn't talk enough," Samuelson said. "It kind of pushed me and once I started to get it in practice, it started to fall into games."

[MUCH MORE] interesting stuff in Paul's article that was listed in Nan's news thread. Apologizes if already posted. Looked but didn't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS
Top Bottom