Katie-Lou One of Four Finalist for Dawn Staley Award | The Boneyard

Katie-Lou One of Four Finalist for Dawn Staley Award

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Alexis has gone through a lot and means a heck of a lot to her team.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Never have understood the criteria for Nominations for this award. Stewie was nominated as well.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The best two way guard in the country doesn't even make the finalist list? I hope Brown drops 30 on Dawn Staley and her bunch next season :mad:

Just checked.. As of now... She is a member of the 50/40/90 Club as well

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The best two way guard in the country doesn't even make the finalist list? I hope Brown drops 30 on Dawn Staley and her bunch next season :mad:

Agree. She should be on the list. Plum being the strong favorite and likely winner lessens this. Maybe next year.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

Not sure exactly what the criteria is for the Staley award or who is on the selection committee, but this is not the 1st time there has been some controversy around the selections.

The BY only needs to go back two years ago when Mo was winning every Guard award in the country, but the Staley award went to SC's Tiffany Mitchell.

Last year Mo won the Staley award and all was well in Huskyland.

Reaction Score
I didn't know that Samuelson was a guard. Oh well
Doesn't say anything about rebounding. :) :) :)

The Dawn Staley Award is given to the most outstanding collegiate guard in the country; a player who exemplifies the skills that Dawn possessed during her career, including ball handling, scoring, her ability to distribute the basketball and her will to win."

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Doesn't say anything about rebounding. :) :) :)

The Dawn Staley Award is given to the most outstanding collegiate guard in the country; a player who exemplifies the skills that Dawn possessed during her career, including ball handling, scoring, her ability to distribute the basketball and her will to win."
Or defense!

Reaction Score
Is Lou a guard?

Let me explain. All five UConn starters are guards. Yep, ball handlers, distributors, shoot from distance, drive the basket, the whole package. Problem is, all five are also forwards, yes, even Nurse, yes even Saniya. All of them pull down rebounds, box out, guard the lane, score at the rim, the whole package.

So, basically, we play 5 guards and five forwards. For those keeping count, that's ten starters. When you break down the numbers it's pretty easy to understand why we're 30-0.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I didn't know that Samuelson was a guard. Oh well

I was remarking to my wife during today's game that Lou is playing more and more like a forward since last year, and I questioned the Staley Award nomination. Hadn't remembered that Stewie had been in the running once. Bizarre.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom