Katie Lou expendable? | The Boneyard

Katie Lou expendable?

Reaction Score
Doubt that but wondering if maybe she is getting a ribbing from her teammates and her parents. That was one terrific offensive performance tonight without our top scorer. From what they showed of her, she seemed to be enjoying it immensely and feeling comfortable despite her maladies. Hope she'll be healed up and ready to go soon. Get well!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
My spin: Lou is a phenomenal cheerleader!! :D
A better player though. One of the 5 best in the country. But yeah, who needs her. Maybe we can trade her in for that Mercedes Russell player. I hear she's pretty good. I hear that DeSheilds may have some eligibility left.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Just pencil her in for SC and Louisville. Keep her out of everything else. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
What a totally crazy thread!:rolleyes:

We can smush Temple without her, sure..no problem. But Temple ain't no NC threat.

Just looking for controversy??? Like the previous crazy thread of who can we live without, or something like that... do not tempt fate like this!Head bang

Reaction Score
Doubt that but wondering if maybe she is getting a ribbing from her teammates and her parents. That was one terrific offensive performance tonight without our top scorer. From what they showed of her, she seemed to be enjoying it immensely and feeling comfortable despite her maladies. Hope she'll be healed up and ready to go soon. Get well!

Everyone, anyone is EXPENDABLE. But I sure would not want to see what this Uconn team would be with out Katie Lou Samuelson in a BIG Game.
I'm happy for ME, GENO, KLS to see OUR girl getting the needed time to recover (partly). Recovery/downtime is a two edge sword. I'll let you think on that one.
Winlots--Everything you say about the team against Tonya's team is true and I'm thankful for that performance. Geno, Uconn need Coombs and Walker and anyone else to play like a UCONN player.
I join yout HOPE for her healing. No kid should be hobbled just to give me entertainment--

Reaction Score
Patriots played a far better 2nd half last night....with Gronk on the bench. And they won the superbowl last year without him. Doesn't mean they don't want him in the game, ya know what I mean?
Did Geno talk to that Bench too???

Reaction Score
A better player though. One of the 5 best in the country. But yeah, who needs her. Maybe we can trade her in for that Mercedes Russell player. I hear she's pretty good. I hear that DeSheilds may have so eligibility left.
Be still my heart---DeShields has eligibility left?? GENO--jump on this one, quick!!!

Reaction Score
Let's not get crazy. It was Temple without Butts and with a lot of young players. Yes, it was a great game. However, this wasn't South Carolina or Louisville. I know, Louisville lost to Florida St. at home by one point. They're still an incredibly talented team. Both will be a challenge for UConn. I see USF lost again to Wichita St. They seem to be underachievers. Lots of talent, but the team never gets far in the tournament.

Reaction Score
Let's not get crazy. It was Temple without Butts and with a lot of young players. Yes, it was a great game. However, this wasn't South Carolina or Louisville. I know, Louisville lost to Florida St. at home by one point. They're still an incredibly talented team. Both will be a challenge for UConn. I see USF lost again to Wichita St. They seem to be underachievers. Lots of talent, but the team never gets far in the tournament.
Or, come tourney time, they aren't ND, MSST, Baylor, Texas, Oregon, etc...etc... some people keep tempting fate..I just don't get that!@0

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I do believe that UConn will have to limit Lou’s minutes, saving her for big games vs SC & Louisville, and for the tournament, the same as they did a few years back during Tuck’s senior season. That will undoubtedly lead to a battle of wills between Geno and Lou, who wants to play all the time.

Reaction Score

No one, I don't think, is getting crazy over the Temple Win. Nevertheless it was a good win. Uconn got to see the kids playing better than they have so far ---look back at the games played in clean up time--they never looked this good. That team reflects Tonya--one of the toughest cookies to ever sit on a Uconn bench.
You can dismiss this game--thats ok. I get your: it's not Usc OR LOUISVILLE--they are a couple of weeks away. How much time with the new kids play in those games?? Maybe some, maybe none, maybe a lot--depends of injuries, fouls, competition. But should they be needed--my belief is Walker and Coombs will give good minutes--don't expect KIa, gABBY, or KLS.
Be happy for small favors.. Personally I like that game.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
And they blew them out like a good team should blow out a mediocre team playing without one of it's better players. People get on them when they struggle with a mediocre team so why not give big compliments when they win big against one. They have won without KLS against good teams this season.

Reaction Score
I do believe that UConn will have to limit Lou’s minutes, saving her for big games vs SC & Louisville, and for the tournament, the same as they did a few years back during Tuck’s senior season. That will undoubtedly lead to a battle of wills between Geno and Lou, who wants to play all the time.
I agree--reduced minutes for KLS. There is only ONE boss, coach, leader--I hope Geno leads and holds kls OUT as long as possible..

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I think I can sum up this thread in one question... Does anyone here regret recruiting Katie Lou out from under Tara's nose? Short Answer: No!!! Long Answer: Hell No!!!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom