Katie Lou Article: | The Boneyard

Katie Lou Article:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"And with that depth comes a new dynamic of players. Samuelson, now a veteran, is surrounded by kids.

Huskies arrive, she's being emulated. Just as she followed the lead of Stewart two years ago.

"Lou, she's vocal, she's learning," Williams said. "She has experience, she knows how things need to get done and she's not shy about it, which is good. She's on everybody. She's right there with me and Kia, trying to figure things out."

As for her game ...."

Lots of tastey bits in this article folks.

"Samuelson has been excited by what she has seen during pickup games. Playing on the same team as Stevens and Batouly Camara? "It was a lot of fun … That was a good day," she said.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...mens-basketball-samuelson-20170709-story.html

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Paul Doyle and the Courant are doing some serious work this summer. Well done Paul.

So Pheesa is working on her perimeter game. Based on how well she did in limited attempts, I'd say her work needs to be taking more 3s!!! Forty-three percent is darn good. Shoot more Pheesa!

Reaction Score
Paul Doyle and the Courant are doing some serious work this summer. Well done Paul.

So Pheesa is working on her perimeter game. Based on how well she did in limited attempts, I'd say her work needs to be taking more 3s!!! Forty-three percent is darn good. Shoot more Pheesa!
Don't care how the shots go in but if there is a "beautiful layup," its from Pheesa. Her ability to get position and go inside, even against larger opponents, is wonderful to see.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Nice article. I am enjoying reading about the Huskies. Glad to see Gabby, Kia and Lou taking the freshmen under their wings. Not only the freshmen, but the team as a whole. I can't wait for the season to start.

JS

Reaction Score
I really dislike the Courant's new system to stymie free viewing. The link doesn't work. You can go here and get to it once at least: http://www.courant.com/sports/UConn-womens-basketball/

Or as some do Goggle: No Longer a Follower, Kati Lou
It's just a couple of extra clicks.

When it takes you to the Oops! page, click on the subheading Sports, then the subheading UConn Women.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
It's just a couple of extra clicks.

When it takes you to the Oops! page, click on the subheading Sports, then the subheading UConn Women.
do you know how hard it is to do a "few extra clicks" these days

Reaction Score
I really dislike the Courant's new system to stymie free viewing. The link doesn't work. u

Unfortunately, the decline of newspaper circulation means they can't present as many freebees.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I really dislike the Courant's new system to stymie free viewing. The link doesn't work. You can go here and get to it once at least: http://www.courant.com/sports/UConn-womens-basketball/

Or as some do Goggle: No Longer a Follower, Kati Lou
@temery Tom, the problem with the links just because the BY auto corrects lowercase u.c.o.n.n to U.C.o.n.n. If you turn off that the links will work fine.

(Props to whomever it was on this board that figured that it out.)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
"And with that depth comes a new dynamic of players. Samuelson, now a veteran, is surrounded by kids.

Huskies arrive, she's being emulated. Just as she followed the lead of Stewart two years ago.

"Lou, she's vocal, she's learning," Williams said. "She has experience, she knows how things need to get done and she's not shy about it, which is good. She's on everybody. She's right there with me and Kia, trying to figure things out."

As for her game ...."

Lots of tastey bits in this article folks.

"Samuelson has been excited by what she has seen during pickup games. Playing on the same team as Stevens and Batouly Camara? "It was a lot of fun … That was a good day," she said.

http://www.courant.com/sports/UConn...mens-basketball-samuelson-20170709-story.html
27751394.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Meanwhile, Pheesa is working on a step-back (1-foot fade) move. Tina and Maya were pros before they added this shot to their arsenal.

That's Tina's new shot--off the wrong foot. Unstoppable!

These players are working really hard. I want Lou, Pheesa, and Z to master the Tina Charles hook shot.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I believe the trainer Alex Bazzell's client list now includes Azura, Crystal and Batouly. I know Napheesa has been with him for a couple of years at least. I believe he is based in St Charles, MO.

He is a NBA skills coach as well.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I believe the trainer Alex Bazzell's client list now includes Azura, Crystal and Batouly. I know Napheesa has been with him for a couple of years at least. I believe he is based in St Charles, MO.

He is a NBA skills coach as well.
I like Pheesa's videos with him. She is looking like a senior. I foresee another 1-2-3 draft.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Meanwhile, Pheesa is working on a step-back (1-foot fade) move. Tina and Maya were pros before they added this shot to their arsenal.

Right now I'd say that move will get her a whistle more often than not. Just sayin' still a work in progress.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Right now I'd say that move will get her a whistle more often than not. Just sayin' still a work in progress.

I don't think so. She's doing the shot just as it is taught by USA Basketball and skills coaches and mastered by Dirk Nowitzki. It's impossible to block.

Reaction Score

I agree--and so is ROCKY in digging these out---he's putting champagne into the hands of thirsty people --

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom