Karlie Samuelson to Stanford | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Karlie Samuelson to Stanford

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It depends when McCall put in her application, if she did. If it was rather early, then yea, you can expect her to hear from admissions. Some people, such as Candice Wiggins or Jayne Appel, didn't turn theirs in until the summer was over. So it really depends on when the player submits the application.
So we might hear soon. Or not.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. And theto discussion of future recruiting is a valid subject.2

It just makes me crazy that we haven't seen arguably, the best recruiting class UConn has had play ONE minute and we will have the pleasure of watching them for 4 years and there are several threads worrying about the 2013 class.

I'll try to refrain from responding to these discussions. I really don't want to upset so many posters or scare them from posting.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. And theto discussion of future recruiting is a valid subject.2

It just makes me crazy that we haven't seen arguably, the best recruiting class UConn has had play ONE minute and we will have the pleasure of watching them for 4 years and there are several threads worrying about the 2013 class.

I'll try to refrain from responding to these discussions. I really don't want to upset so many posters or scare them from posting.
Not to belabor, but .... I don't think our disagreement is actually that large. Really.

I agree about the 2012 class. I'm really looking forward to seeing them. We are not sure how good they will be at the college level, but all indications are very, very strong.

To follow up for continued success, however, we need to keep adding players each year. I'm sure that Geno et al. are discussing 14 year-old already. We almost certainly will not get a 2013 class comparable to the 2012 class. That is expected. But we need some quality and quantity--and we have struck out so far. As good as Breanna, Moriah, and Morgan appear to be, they will need help in 2016, just as the fabulous Maya needed help last year.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Not to belabor, but .... I don't think our disagreement is actually that large. Really.

I agree about the 2012 class. I'm really looking forward to seeing them. We are not sure how good they will be at the college level, but all indications are very, very strong.

To follow up for continued success, however, we need to keep adding players each year. I'm sure that Geno et al. are discussing 14 year-old already. We almost certainly will not get a 2013 class comparable to the 2012 class. That is expected. But we need some quality and quantity--and we have struck out so far. As good as Breanna, Moriah, and Morgan appear to be, they will need help in 2016, just as the fabulous Maya needed help last year.

I have never had any issues with what you post or how you post it. Never. We don't always agree, but if we do disagree, it's always been civil. I appreciate that.

And I don't disagree with you that UConn will need to get recruits to help the 2012 class. My only issue is that it's way too early to worry about that now. Even with a small class (UConn has never had ZERO to start a season) , there is 2014, 2015 and 2016 to help.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I have never had any issues with what you post or how you post it. Never. We don't always agree, but if we do disagree, it's always been civil. I appreciate that.

And I don't disagree with you that UConn will need to get recruits to help the 2012 class. My only issue is that it's way too early to worry about that now. Even with a small class (UConn has never had ZERO to start a season) , there is 2014, 2015 and 2016 to help.
I appreciate the civility too. I guess we're bored in the offseason, but looking to the future is natural. Worrying, in my view, is indeed premature. Some concern, though, may be justified. Those who think that Geno always gets the kids he wants are incorrect. This looks like a tough year for recruiting. How tough??Likely, we'll have a middle ground with a decent 2013 class. I don't think we'll strike out, but we'll see in time. Our small classes in the past have hurt us in the pursuit of NC. I hope we don't go down that road yet again. Part of the concern is that we have seen the results of a tough recuiting year and didn't like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom