Karim Coulibaly | The Boneyard

Karim Coulibaly

Reaction Score
Started showing interest back in September [1, 2, 3] and backed off, but looks like we might be getting involved again.

Last edited:

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Yeah, not real big on this one

Reaction Score
Coulibaly To Return To Workmanlike Role At NPS - Zach Smart
While St. Joe’s has appeared to be in the lead for a while, Coulibaly will not finalize his decision until he takes all of his visits. Pittsburgh, Tulane, and URI are still being considered.

TCU has suddenly come into the picture. You can’t rule out UConn, with Huskies assistant and recruiting ace Tom Moore doing a commendable job.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They need to sign somebody, this is obviously a response to them missing(or thinking they are going to miss) on their top targets.

I choose to think he’s just a backup plan. A plan for the worst case scenario

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Why not? Idk much about recruiting just curious on your opinion

On tape he seems to be just a very average big who can rebound. Listen, don’t get me wrong, if we swing and miss on Kofi, Precious, Wahab, and Mitchell, then we obviously need at least one big in this class. My thing is, we are not upgrading our talent level if we sign him. And the frontcourt needs serious upgrading.

pj

Reaction Score
He's a Hilton Armstrong type. Not to be sneered at. May need a few years of development, but high upside potential.

Reaction Score
He was #1 in defensive rebounding on the Adidas circuit, and top 15 in BLK%. His name is displayed as Abdoul Karim here.

That's something we need.. Tough rebounding... Knows his role, not trying to step out and shoot jump shots... get down and dirty in the paint... 6'8 is plenty of size in the paint at the college level...

Reaction Score
They need to sign somebody, this is obviously a response to them missing(or thinking they are going to miss) on their top targets.
This guy would probably be a better fit for us anyways.. more team orieneted, less "I' oriented .. .

Reaction Score
assuming he would start over polley next year is an upgrade. def better than nothing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
assuming he would start over polley next year is an upgrade. def better than nothing.
Him and Polley don't play the same position, they won't be fighting for minutes.

I don't read too much into this, he's a name far down the list as a plan C

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
He's a Hilton Armstrong type. Not to be sneered at. May need a few years of development, but high upside potential.
Exactly. Starting with the ability to rebound. No more beanpoles for now. We need some brute strength and the ability to play defense. That and an excellent attitude and character = very good 4 year big with upside potential.

Reaction Score
I choose to think he’s just a backup plan. A plan for the worst case scenario

That's the hope. The concern, as others have mentioned, it's a sign the staff no longer thinks they're going to get one of the high-ranked bigs.

Getting at least one of them is probably the biggest lever on this program's ceiling over the next 3 years.

Reaction Score
That's the hope. The concern, as others have mentioned, it's a sign the staff no longer thinks they're going to get one of the high-ranked bigs.

Getting at least one of them is probably the biggest lever on this program's ceiling over the next 3 years.
It might not be a sign at all. Could just be keeping tabs on him.

Reaction Score
Yeah nothing to worry about at the moment. If/when he gets an offer, then that would be a better indication of how the staff feels about their chances with their frontcourt targets.

Sounds reasonable.

Reaction Score
He hasn't been offered and he's a project, we need immediate impact bigs right away.

Reaction Score
Him and Polley don't play the same position, they won't be fighting for minutes.

I don't read too much into this, he's a name far down the list as a plan C

polley is the de facto forward in a lineup featuring 3 guards and either carlton/cobb.

if next year's lineup is coulibaly, 3 guards and carlton, then how is he not fighting polley for minutes?

are you saying coulibaly would play center at only 6'8?

i'd rather have coulibaly's rebounding/passing on the floor than polley's occasional 3s

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I think the idea is to have a player like this be the 13th-14th player on the bench and someone who can develop over a few years and be productive as an upperclassmen.

Depth.

3-stars with a 230lbs frame, good hands, rebounding and passing skills. Yes, please.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom