OT: - Kara's W's Powerful Voice in the Alzheimers Fight | The Boneyard

OT: Kara's W's Powerful Voice in the Alzheimers Fight

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

This is a battle we have a fighting chance to win folks.

"These days, basketball isn’t only what continues to connect father and daughter; it’s one of the only things Willi remembers. He was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s Disease 18 months ago, and while his long-term memory is still fairly good, his short-term memory and ability to perform basic functions is not.

The emotional toll of watching her father’s health deteriorate, and becoming a caregiver for him, has been profound. But in the process, Kara has found courage in using her voice to advocate for increased Alzheimer’s awareness, research, and funding."

1569082990652.png

Like Alexa's article? Let her know.

Reaction Score
My heart goes out to Willi, Kara, and their entire family. This story brought back wonderful as well as heartbreaking memories for me as my Mom suffered for ten years and then died from Alzheimer's complications some 15 years ago. It is so challenging for the loved ones and caretakers not only for the actual and extensive care-taking, but also dealing with the overwhelming emotional toll that is absolutely inescapable. Peace, love, and prayers to the Wolters family.

Reaction Score
My family has gone through this as well. My father started to slip away from us (and who he was) about seven years ago. His fight ended on September 8 of this year.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My family has gone through this as well. My father started to slip away from us (and who he was) about seven years ago. His fight ended on September 8 of this year.
I'm very sorry to hear this. Loss of parent is always tough. I lost my dad three years ago and I still miss him everyday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom