Karaban/DC: The Non McD AAs | The Boneyard

Karaban/DC: The Non McD AAs

Reaction Score
Five freshman played last night three were Burger Boys. Would not trade ours for one moment, even if those burger boys become big Macs.

Just saying we've seen this over and over again at UConn. UConn feeds on player development.

USATSI_20304934.jpg

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Black was a stud and Smith missed a lot of time this year, but Karaban and Clingan are both way better than Walsh. I get that he can defend, but watching him dribble and shoot was pretty sad.

caw

Reaction Score
Black was a stud and Smith missed a lot of time this year, but Karaban and Clingan are both way better than Walsh. I get that he can defend, but watching him dribble and shoot was pretty sad.

That picture is actually pretty good, Walsh (right now) is Karaban light. Both do the little things, both defend (or try to) really hard, but Karaban can shoot, pass and dribble better.

Karaban may have been higher ranked if he hadn't decided to red-shirt a semester last year. Clingan would have if he went to one of the private schools.

Reaction Score
Clingan will be top 10 nba center, once he gets bit of arc on jumper. Great post passing we haven’t seen yet much. Domination just starting . They compared him to Bill Walton in Nike tourney (too early to compare him to a great. Bill wasn’t having it either. DC is not enough of a river lover I guess,lol) Even saw him do a jump pass off dribble vs st Mary. Porzingis-ish lol

Karaban with his b-ball iq will be Kevin love-ish and 15 year nba player. Probably with Utah lol

Karaban, if he goes 4 yrs will b top 3 players in UConn history

Player development under Hurley is among best in country

Reaction Score
Player development has been of the charts since Hurley has taken over. Vital, Polley, the Wrench, Tyrese Martin, Cole, now Hawkins and Sanogo and Karaban.

Many people thought Clingan wouldn't contribute at all this year based on his high school video. He was obviously transformed over the summer.

All of this bodes well for recruiting. Players want to play for a coach that will unlock their talents.

Reaction Score
Clingan will be top 10 nba center, once he gets bit of arc on jumper. Great post passing we haven’t seen yet much. Domination just starting . They compared him to Bill Walton in Nike tourney (too early to compare him to a great. Bill wasn’t having it either. DC is not enough of a river lover I guess,lol) Even saw him do a jump pass off dribble vs st Mary. Porzingis-ish lol

Karaban with his b-ball iq will be Kevin love-ish and 15 year nba player. Probably with Utah lol

Karaban, if he goes 4 yrs will b top 3 players in UConn history

Player development under Hurley is among best in country
Still feel right now that Karaban has the most NBA upside on the team considering the style of play in the big leagues

Reaction Score
That picture is actually pretty good, Walsh (right now) is Karaban light. Both do the little things, both defend (or try to) really hard, but Karaban can shoot, pass and dribble better.

Karaban may have been higher ranked if he hadn't decided to red-shirt a semester last year. Clingan would have if he went to one of the private schools.
That Karaban steal, 3/4 court dribble and MADE layup while being harassed was pro-level.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Top 30-75 that was JC’s deal. F the dudes that took the Calipari shortcut. Let’s F in go UConn!

In 2004, K's Duke squad had more McD's AA on its' roster than Calhoun had in his entire career (up to that point).

Reaction Score
Still feel right now that Karaban has the most NBA upside on the team considering the style of play in the big leagues

He's not on any draft radar and shouldn't be. He doesn't have an NBA skillset or athleticism. Good news for us is he has a high-level college skillset. As I've said before... he's a strong off-season from being All Big East. I don't think 15/6/4 is out of the question at all.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He's not on any draft radar and shouldn't be. He doesn't have an NBA skillset or athleticism. Good news for us is he has a high-level college skillset. As I've said before... he's a strong off-season from being All Big East. I don't think 15/6/4 is out of the question at all.
I don't mean right now. He's a freshman.

Reaction Score
He will be playing in the NBA when he leaves UCONN- 100%. Not a doubt in my mind.

Reaction Score
Too many here focused on AK's basketball skills and athleticism.
Read his quotes when interviewed. Sounds like he's working on his PhD in English...........and that's a good thing in today's world.

Poe

Reaction Score
Karaban is so well rounded already as a freshman, add in the high bball IQ, leadership (he’s the one talking and directing in the huddles) and deceptive athleticism and he’s going to be scary good by his junior year.

Donovan has only scratched the surface and he’s been very productive; his ceiling is super high.

If by some miracle this duo is still around in their junior year, they’re going to be a nightmare to play against.

Reaction Score
Five freshman played last night three were Burger Boys. Would not trade ours for one moment, even if those burger boys become big Macs.

Just saying we've seen this over and over again at UConn. UConn feeds on player development.

USATSI_20304934.jpg
There were a number of BYers touting Alex last summer and they were right on. I'd like to give them credit. Of course, names escape me. I would think tcf was one.

A couple decades into this forum and its predecessors, this was the only iron clad scoop I've ever had. Him being, at the time, a future Husky. Family thing and I am so happy she was right. He has become a real dog too. Attitude to spare. No doubt he's a 1st rounder imho.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom