Kara Lawson | The Boneyard

Kara Lawson

Reaction Score
She and Lobo are two of my top five sports announcers. Period. All sports.

Kara is so brilliant, and she never says anything that doesn't elicit a "Huh!" As in, that's interesting, I didn't notice that, or hey, she's right!

Great mind, great announcer.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I like Lobo and I am biased, but Kara is brilliant and in a class of her own. I just hope some PR guy (or her agent) doesn't get to her with the 'You need to develop a signature' to improve your marketing value, like they do with most TV 'personalities' - she has kept it pretty pure and straight so far.

Reaction Score
I think Kara is breathing some rare air on top of the mountain of basketball color commentators and/or in-studio analysts. I perk up appreciably when she appears at the beginning of a telecast.

I would love to hear her do some NBA games.

She seemed all grim and feisty when she played for Tennessee but she's turned out to be anything but that as a TV presenter.

Love the girl.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
I think Kara is breathing some rare air on top of the mountain of basketball color commentators and/or in-studio analysts. I perk up appreciably when she appears at the beginning of a telecast.

Given all the extra-game blather we usually get from the on-air game announcers, which pretty much ignores what we're seeing and which inevitably repeats the same commentary about player histories, families, etc., I'd be very happy to have Kara— solo— announcing games, giving insights into and analyses of the action, strategies, appreciation for excellent plays, and comments on mistakes we're seeing (or missing). Not going to happen of course.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Rebecca is obviously trying hard to build on-set chemistry with Andy Landers, but it is nowhere as interesting as Lobo and Kara together. This is a regrettable example of "If it isn't broken, don't fix it." As much as I criticize ESPN, they are still the best at what they do.

But when the great colleges of business management need an example of "pollution of purpose," they need look no further than Bristol. Sometimes, they can't get out of their own way.

Reaction Score
Rebecca is obviously trying hard to build on-set chemistry with Andy Landers, but it is nowhere as interesting as Lobo and Kara together. This is a regrettable example of "If it isn't broken, don't fix it." As much as I criticize ESPN, they are still the best at what they do.

But when the great colleges of business management need an example of "pollution of purpose," they need look no further than Bristol. Sometimes, they can't get out of their own way.
Much prefer the Kevin, Kara, Lobo set versus the way they have it this year. Not really a huge fan of Landers and Maria.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I like Kara :) for some reason I'm partial maybe where she played.
Me too.
kara-lawson-of-the-connecticut-sun-poses-for-a-portrait-during-the-picture-id168314928

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom