Kara Lawson on Twitter | The Boneyard

Kara Lawson on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm sure that Geno respects Kara.

Look for Moriah to dominate games this year--at under 5'7".

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Mo was amazing last year. To think she will be even better and have a "special" year - scary for the competition and she's only a junior!!

Reaction Score
I'm sure that Geno respects Kara.

Look for Moriah to dominate games this year--at under 5'7".
All Uconn Fans should know a dominant point guard can lead you to the promised land in college basketball.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Always impressive watching @UConnWBB practice! Thanks to Geno Auriemma. Best player Day 1 was Moriah Jefferson, will have special year.

mojeff-3-jpg.6779

1. Quick, name the only UConn player to play in every game last year (40) AND the prior year (39). Correct answer is MoJeff..!! ;) Her freshman year only she and Kelly Faris played every game.
2. Here's an easy one. Who led the Huskies in 3 pt accuracy last season w/ at least 20 attempts? MoJeff shot 33-79 or 41.8%. KML was 66-160 for 41.3%. (Of course, TLAW was 8-19 or 42.1%, hence 20 attempt minimum...:rolleyes:)
3. Still haven't guessed one right....Name the only UConn player last year w/ over 120 assists and under 67 turnovers. Moriah w/ 195 assists and only 66 turnovers. (Stewie had 122 assists but 67 turnovers...):p
4. Which under UConn player, under 5'7", had more blocks than KML and Bria Hartley combined ? MoJeff had 9 monster blocks while KML had 5 and Bria only 3.
5. From last season, who had over 100 steals, but only 62 personal fouls? (Only Jefferson had over 100 steals.)
6. Which UConn player more than doubled their scoring in 2013/2014 over the prior year? (MoJeff went from 182 pts to 400 pts.)
7. Name the Huskies' starter whose field goal accuracy was better than Hartley (47.0%), Stewie (49.7%), KML (46.5%) and Dolson (56.4%)? MoJeff led them all at 57.5%..!! :cool:
8. And finally, who was the only UConn player w/ over 100 steals, over 190 assists and over 135 rebounds? MJ....:)

Go Huskies..!!

Reaction Score
DAVID: I give up. Give us some answers. Meanwhile, I've got one for you: which current UCONN point guard, from Texas, between 5'6 and 5'7 or so, cute as a button and tough as nails, SHOULD BE A FIRST TEAM ALL AMERICAN no matter how many other Huskies are? :)

Reaction Score
It's worthwhile to recognize that up to this point, MoJets has been consciously deferring floor leadership, including guard leadership, to others. This is the year she's really going to step out on her own to make the team happen. I can't express how excited just that idea makes me!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Responding to David's #4:

Mo's leaping ability is quite extraordinary
Making her a fine rebounder and shot blocker (for her diminutive size).
I've always surmised that she can touch the rim.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Lawson also answered a couple tweets to her saying she really likes Nurse, calling her the best of the freshmen and an important piece. One practice might be a bit quick to decide on the best freshmen but I certainly respect Lawson's opinions.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
All Uconn Fans should know a dominant point guard can lead you to the promised land in college basketball.

You can't win a national championship without a heady point guard. Dawn Staley always says that to beat a good team you have to "cut off the head", meaning to stop the point guard from directing the show.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
DAVID: I give up. Give us some answers. Meanwhile, I've got one for you: which current UCONN point guard, from Texas, between 5'6 and 5'7 or so, cute as a button and tough as nails, SHOULD BE A FIRST TEAM ALL AMERICAN no matter how many other Huskies are? :)

If the voting were unbiased, and the players deliver expected performance, UCONN should realistically have 3 first team AAs. Unfortunately, I don't expect the former condition to hold.

At their best, there aren't any players in WCBB ahead of Stewie and KML.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
What a bunch of homers. Everyone here is forgetting that point guard from, where is it? Hold on, give me a minute, it'll come to me. Well you know who I mean even if her name slips my mind, and she is way better than MoJeff.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
You can't win a national championship without a heady point guard. Dawn Staley always says that to beat a good team you have to "cut off the head", meaning to stop the point guard from directing the show.
Take a look at the men's final four games from last year, if you want to see that in action.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
When Kara was dropped from the national team (which was Geno's first competition in charge) I was really impressed with the way she handled what had to be a major disappointment. And USA basketball and Geno must have handled it well, too.
She has been a great addition to the broadcast universe and has been very positive about Uconn and Geno.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score

A little unfair as she sneaks up on players who think she's going to whack them on the knee, and blocks them silly. And the only time she could have touched the rim or slam-dunked was when she was leaping off Stef's shoulders, but that's no longer an option.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score

Surmised----- great word!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger