Kara Lawson emerges as leading candidate for Duke WBB job | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Kara Lawson emerges as leading candidate for Duke WBB job

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
But we will all sorely miss your self-deprecating comedic genius :oops:

well.... we will have to wait and see. Maybe in a few years worth of results.... we will wistfully longing for the McCallie era :confused::eek::eek::eek::eek:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
wbb_lawson16x9.jpg

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The coaching staff will be formally introduced later today. I'm pleased with the hires.

Detailed article from the Undefeated about the Kara Lawson hiring

The Triangle has 3 local sports radio shows..... and the Triad has one local sports radio show. She was a guest on all 4. She was did one afternoon interview driving on her way to Durham. While I expected the 3 triangle appearances... I was shocked yet pleased to learn that my local show had her on... as they always talk about the Big 4 basketball on the men's side.... them talking about women's basketball is rare.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
A few of CamrnCrz1974's points to remember/consider…
  • All three assistant coaches have recruited at academic institutions, understanding what it takes to recruit top academics with athletics - Tia Jackson (Stanford and Duke, and to degree, UCLA); Beth Cunningham (Notre Dame); and Winston Gandy (Rice).
  • Two assistant coaches bring WNBA/professional experience - Beth Cunningham (ABL/Washington Mystics) and Tia Jackson (Phoenix Mercury).
  • Two assistant coaches landed huge, high profile transfers that were instrumental in their former institutions’ successful seasons - Tia Jackson (Beatrice Mompremier, from Baylor to Miami) and Winston Gandy (Erica Ogwumike, from Pepperdine to Rice; Nancy Mulkey, from Oklahoma to Rice; Nicole Iademarco, from Arizona State to Rice).
  • There will not be an associate head coach; all three will be assistant coaches. This will eliminate the “pecking order” (if you will) and allow all three to be equal contributors (which is a good thing, given that both Tia Jackson and Beth Cunningham are former head coaches while Winston Gandy was most recently an associate head coach).

@ucbart , @EricLA , @Dillon77 , @triaddukefan , @Tonyc , @UConnCat , @CocoHusky

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
So this reads that Lucy Cochrane was "maybe" headed to Duke as a transfer? Am i reading that correctly?

It reads that way to me. Was Cochrane heading to Durham?
I wonder if Samantha Tomlinson had anything to do with Miela Goodchild ending up in Duke? If so, I wonder if this decision might/might not curtail a pipeline from down under.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom