Kansas | The Boneyard

Kansas

Reaction Score
so happy we missed out on the big time.
The Big 12 will not last as “big time”. They will quickly become AAC-plus. Good luck with the next round of television contracts when you don’t have Texas and OU to hang your hat on. Then when the money goes, the coaching, the exposure, the recruiting will all suffer. Some of us saw this coming years ago; that those two schools would eventually leave, and the Big 12 would just be the next AAC of teams trying to come up and hope to get poached by what is now four conferences.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
If the Big 12 were a great league, Kansas wouldn’t be trying to bolt.

Reaction Score
That's still a great basketball league. Even if you don't like that it is, it is. Kansas isn't going anywhere unless they get a B1G invite, and we'd leave the Big East for one of those, so there's nothing particularly wrong with the Big 12 for them.
If we could package up with Kansas to get into the B1G to get them to 16 teams I would be overwhelmed with joy

Reaction Score
Imagine if we didn’t move. We probably still would’ve been passed up by the Big12 and stuck in an even worse AAC. Talk about dodging a freaking bullet. For basketball anyways.
Makes you feel sorry for Temple and the rest of the old AAC, which will become the new Sun Belt. Not sure Temple has any good options.

Reaction Score
If we could package up with Kansas to get into the B1G to get them to 16 teams I would be overwhelmed with joy
From your mouth to whoever can make that happen's ears.

(Or package us with Notre Dame to ACC)

Reaction Score
Big 12 for bball only or stay in BE? I would be 150% stay in Big East and I think that is the lens that the OP was bring invoice to this thread. What a the argument against?

Reaction Score
I would never advocate UConn to leave the Big East unless its ACC/B10 but I'd consider the B12 to be a better basketball conference. Texas/Oklahoma haven't been anything special of late. Houston is at a comparable level, Cincy brings some quality history. BYU is solid, UCF is spunky.

Goatmeat

Puncher of Goats
Reaction Score
From your mouth to whoever can make that happen's ears.

(Or package us with Notre Dame to ACC)
Given the last 5-10 years of our football program and for so many other reasons, we will never be packaged with Notre Dame to the ACC.

Goatmeat

Puncher of Goats
Reaction Score
I would never advocate UConn to leave the Big East unless its ACC/B10 but I'd consider the B12 to be a better basketball conference. Texas/Oklahoma haven't been anything special of late. Houston is at a comparable level, Cincy brings some quality history. BYU is solid, UCF is spunky.
I would take a Big 12 invite in a heartbeat. It would give our football team a fighting chance, which is something we don’t have currently, all while maintaining our stature in basketball.

Reaction Score
Coaching makes football work. If Joe Moorhead was willing to come back and we would pay him, everything would be fine. We can’t judge the viability of the program by what’s been going on lately. It is irrelevant. We made really bad hires and many people called it each time.

Someone said it best yesterday, if we were 2-0 right now headed into a game against Purdue, nobody would be making a peep other than to consider who else might try something like we are doing.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Dumb post. Football takes a hit losing OU (UT hasn't done much in years). Basketball will actually probably be better and it was already the best league last year.

Reaction Score
Dumb post. Football takes a hit losing OU (UT hasn't done much in years). Basketball will actually probably be better and it was already the best league last year.
Football take a hit sure is putting it mildly. They lost by far their two biggest assets in Texas and Oklahoma. I don't see any way the conference survives long term.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Football take a hit sure is putting it mildly. They lost by far their two biggest assets in Texas and Oklahoma. I don't see any way the conference survives long term.

It will survive unless it is poached. So that's really up to the B1G, Pac and ACC (for WVU perhaps). Money will go down, but not as much as some think. Certainly much higher than the AAC or BigEast.

Reaction Score
It will survive unless it is poached. So that's really up to the B1G, Pac and ACC (for WVU perhaps). Money will go down, but not as much as some think. Certainly much higher than the AAC or BigEast.
It will continue to be poached, they already lost 6 schools. When a conference no longer looks anything like it used to there is very little to keep it together. It's what happened to the Big East. AAC never even had a chance at surviving, all their schools of worth have already been picked off or bolted. Big 12 has some good enough schools still left that they will be picked off.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom