Kansas State | The Boneyard

Kansas State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They played here in Omaha today against the UNO women's BB team. I couldn't get a program so I don't know details about their players etc.

UCONN should not take this team lightly. Their center is the best I've seen in a long time. She has a beautiful hook shot and uses it down low. They also have several tall forwards and some competent guards. A Pretty solid team.

UNO couldn't stop the big girl and the guards were also hitting their outside shots.

Reaction Score
Here at UConn... we never take any team lightly. ;)

That's interesting, though. I've heard relatively good things about the state of the K-State program, which as a WCBB fan in general has me happy - I'd love to see more teams really hit their stride, improve their programs, join the mix, and really shake things up. I'll have to do my research before the game. I have family out in that area... really disappointed I can't get out there for the game :(

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
They played here in Omaha today against the UNO women's BB team. I couldn't get a program so I don't know details about their players etc.

UCONN should not take this team lightly. Their center is the best I've seen in a long time. She has a beautiful hook shot and uses it down low. They also have several tall forwards and some competent guards. A Pretty solid team.

UNO couldn't stop the big girl and the guards were also hitting their outside shots.

That would be Breanna Lewis. Definitely one of the best bigs in the country. Not sure why she's been so under the radar.

Breanna Lewis will lead the way for K-State women’s basketball

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That would be Breanna Lewis. Definitely one of the best bigs in the country. Not sure why she's been so under the radar.
She was First team all Big 12 last year. KSU played UCONN last year lost by 40 she was largely in foul trouble only playing 20 minutes with 10 points & 6 rebounds. KSU was also only 19 and 13 and in the same conference with Texas & Baylor -which took up 5 of the 10 slots on the All conference First team. She is a good player but not one of the best bigs in the country IMO.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Here at UConn... we never take any team lightly. ;)

That's interesting, though. I've heard relatively good things about the state of the K-State program, which as a WCBB fan in general has me happy - I'd love to see more teams really hit their stride, improve their programs, join the mix, and really shake things up. I'll have to do my research before the game. I have family out in that area... really disappointed I can't get out there for the game :(
Jeff Mitte, presumably, is responsible. He certainly raised the level of TCU when he was there.

As I mentioned one time previously, when he was at TCU he apparently had something unusual in the way he ran his offense, or so Coach Stringer said when we were playing them in the NCAA's one year. Not (obviously) a deciding factor (Rutgers won that match-up) but might be a factor in his success. I'm not enough of a guru to know what it was (and not only do I forget what she said it was, it was couched in a combo of coach talk and Vivianese).

Reaction Score
She was First team all Big 12 last year. KSU played UCONN last year lost by 40 she was largely in foul trouble only playing 20 minutes with 10 points & 6 rebounds. KSU was also only 19 and 13 and in the same conference with Texas & Baylor -which took up 5 of the 10 slots on the All conference First team. She is a good player but not one of the best bigs in the country IMO.

These are young players and they do learn and get better each year. She stayed out of foul trouble even though it looked like UNO was trying to get her into that.

I'm pretty sure they won't get beat by 40 this year.

BTW- 10 points and 6 rebound in 20 minutes against that team is not bad.

Reaction Score
Daughter and I, wearing our National Flag Blue, have pretty good seats (I think) for the K-State game...and we're stoked. Best seats (which they tell me we have) were only $12 and I believe all 12,ooo seats are sold. The greatest program in WCBB history is coming to town and the folks are excited.

Reaction Score
Nebraska is another team with several bigs that could give UCONN a lot of trouble.

I think that they were surprised that UNO would give them a good game when they fell behind in the game a couple of weeks ago.

They have a center who reminds me of Stef but this girl can hit threes from the top of the key. They also have a forward who plays a little like Stewie.

They get the big home crowd behind them and get some calls their way and it could be...

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Those are the kinds of games ranked teams lose. Geno never takes an opponent lightly. He knows the pitfalls that can happen when you do. He'll have the girls ready.

Reaction Score
Thanks! Now Nebraska shows at Big 10 Network which I don't have unless there is another way to get it.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Jeff Mitte, presumably, is responsible. He certainly raised the level of TCU when he was there.

As I mentioned one time previously, when he was at TCU he apparently had something unusual in the way he ran his offense, or so Coach Stringer said when we were playing them in the NCAA's one year. Not (obviously) a deciding factor (Rutgers won that match-up) but might be a factor in his success. I'm not enough of a guru to know what it was (and not only do I forget what she said it was, it was couched in a combo of coach talk and Vivianese).
With Vivianese, I am impressed you could tell it was TCU she was talking about! Consider yourself fluent!:cool:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Nebraska is another team with several bigs that could give UCONN a lot of trouble.
They also have a forward who plays a little like Stewie.
First Kansas State and now Nebraska, are we ever going to get you to stop worrying about teams on the UCONN schedule with "bigger" players? It might actually take Stewie to beat this team. A player that plays a "little like Stewie" is just not going to cut it.

Reaction Score
Going back to K-State- the thing that impressed me about their center is that she can make hooks shots with either hand.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The Wildcats' win against Auburn doesn't sound like much to write home about, but they *are* undefeated. UConn, of course, will be coming off a tough game in South Bend, and in Manhattan four days later might feel like a hangover/trap game to the Huskies.

We just can do nothing but win until we lose. My fingers are still crossed that we're still a ways away from then...

Reaction Score
My hat's off to Geno for giving us some drama to kick off the season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom