Kansas State uniforms | The Boneyard

Kansas State uniforms

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Did the Big 12 kick them out and they joined a CYO league? Holy cow those uniforms are hideous for a high D1 college team.

Figured we needed some comic relief after that ugly game. :)
If you think that is bad, Google EMAW

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Holy crap. That’s embarrassing. That’s worse than EMAW. I thought it was an 8th grade girls team. And yet they are winning. No idea where the light purple came from. It’s new. Very My Little Pony.

Goatmeat

Puncher of Goats
Reaction Score
Lol Kansas state was nothing until recent realignment and still is nothing. It’s a stepping stone job. The politics of realignment at the time kept them in the big 12 but they are not a good team. They had a poor history until Michael Beasley decided to go there. Those uniforms are horrifying. Kansas state has to try anything they can to gain attention because they are about to get hosed by realignment.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
hey had a poor history until Michael Beasley decided to go there.
They definitely had some history prior to Beasley. The one year he was there wasn't remotely close to their best season. Not to mention he didn't even have the best career of their alums. Mitch Richmond and Rolando Blackman both were hands down better pros.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
They definitely had some history prior to Beasley. The one year he was there wasn't remotely close to their best season. Not to mention he didn't even have the best career of their alums. Mitch Richmond and Rolando Blackman both were hands down better pros.
I remember our buddy Curtis Kelly transferred there. I watched some his games. They had a guard that was decent

Reaction Score
Didn't get to watch last night so I'll pile on here. K-state is one of the poster children for being grandfathered in the P5. Not one nattie in any sport, as far as I can tell. The Big 12 needed to shrivel up like the wicked witch of the west but c-usa flunkies helped bail it out.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Oh boy these are very bad

Eu9SgC4XcAAcjlg

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Apparently they're throwbacks. The originals were ugly but the new ones are somehow worse. The shorts seem darker so the contrast is starker.

Eu9TMYrUYAQc43Q

Reaction Score
Yeah that game looked like a weak ad you’d see during March madness when every single company needs to shoehorn basketball into their content. “State U” vs “Big Mountain” or something

Reaction Score
apparently the ncaa grants a 1 game allowance for mismatched uniforms (diffferenr color shirt/shirt combo) and the k state players voted to use it last night

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Lol Kansas state was nothing until recent realignment and still is nothing. It’s a stepping stone job. The politics of realignment at the time kept them in the big 12 but they are not a good team. They had a poor history until Michael Beasley decided to go there. Those uniforms are horrifying. Kansas state has to try anything they can to gain attention because they are about to get hosed by realignment.

That's nonsense (except the uniforms being horrifying). They have been to 5 Final Fours and one Final. Kansas State Wildcats men's basketball - Wikipedia
They just happened to be very bad during the same era that UConn was really good. They aren't an all time power or anything but they are in the top third of all D1 programs pretty easily. 39th in all time wins.

Reaction Score
Apparently they're throwbacks. The originals were ugly but the new ones are somehow worse. The shorts seem darker so the contrast is starker.

Eu9TMYrUYAQc43Q
The shorts are darker, but they also just look weirder with modern shoes, socks, compression pants, etc. As soon as I saw them I knew they must have been throwbacks, but throwbacks often look bad paired with modern gear.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom