Kansas Is Good. | The Boneyard

Kansas Is Good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I haven't seen a ton of them so I don't know if they played better, the same, or worse than they usually do but that was a very good team last night. Outside of the first minute or so I never really had a thought that UConn would win, and getting down 20 against a team that good is fatal. Rough night for Miller, Hamilton, hell, take your pick. Loved the way they didn't fold and kept battling but Kansas was never without an answer. No shame whatsoever losing to the best team in the field. I'll be rooting for the Jayhawks going forward.

Thanks to Sterling and Miller. Tough to walk into a program as grad students and learn new systems, new ways of doing things, and mesh with the guys who've been there for years (and get those guys to listen to you). They'll always be a part of the program, and I think they were a very important bridge to keep the program going in a transitional time.

Best of luck to Omar and Phil. Great kids and solid individuals who will represent the program well.

Excited by the news that Rodney appears to be returning. A really great kid who loves the university and loves being a UConn basketball player. His improvement this year was obvious and I hope he takes another step as a senior.

Some real weapons coming in next year. The future is bright.

All in all, not the season many of us hoped for, but that's sports, man. Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. It's been fun. It really passes in the blink of an eye. It feels like yesterday I was getting led out of the Garden.

Brian O'Connell, you're still a terrible, terrible referee.

Now we need Syracuse to lose so I can enjoy the rest of this tournament.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kansas proved their ranking. They dominated the AAC Champions. If we had won it would be the first time in my biased UConn life I would have ever admitted to it being an upset.

They were the better team coming in and going out. Not sure who is left in the Tourney to stop them.

Reaction Score
They played their A game in the first half. They came out and hit 4 of their first 5 threes. We didn't play ours.

Yeah, they're good. But we played a mediocre game.

Reaction Score
Yeah, they're good. But we played a mediocre game.

Looked to me like Kansas had a lot to do with that. UConn was having a hell of a time even getting into their offense, and Kansas absolutely smothered whatever we were trying to run. On the other end, they had what seemed like an unlimited supply of answers. It was a pretty dominating performance by a very, very good team.

Reaction Score
My biggest fear was getting off to a slow start, you can't be down 20 against KU. Could've, should've, would've, gotta use this game as a measuring stick and that includes KO and his staff.

Reaction Score
Looked to me like Kansas had a lot to do with that. UConn was having a hell of a time even getting into their offense, and Kansas absolutely smothered whatever we were trying to run. On the other end, they had what seemed like an unlimited supply of answers. It was a pretty dominating performance by a very, very good team.

This... Anyone who asserts that we just played poorly is really looking at things through husky shaped glasses. We were more or less inept in the 1st half yesterday because we could barely dribble and pass (let alone shoot) against their half court pressure. While we made some adjustments, they also coasted a bit in the 2nd half. But every time they needed a basket they got three to push the lead back out of reach.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
If Middle Tennessee State somehow beats Syracuse, that will negate the Kansas loss for me. What a beauty of life that would be.

Reaction Score
Tough to say it was a mediocre performance by UConn when we never really saw the type of performance that would have been necessary to win that type of game. Sort of reminded me of the Maryland game where we got behind big early and fought back, but yet it never really felt like the outcome was in doubt.

Really, that game was a pretty good encapsulation of this team. You saw flashes where it looked like they could be as good as anybody, but they just never put it together consistently. The fact that either Miller or Brimah was in foul trouble virtually every game likely had a lot to do with that.

Reaction Score
Yeah they're very good. Really happy with how we played in the second half. You just can't afford to fall down by 20 to the #1 seed.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Really, that game was a pretty good encapsulation of this team. You saw flashes where it looked like they could be as good as anybody, but they just never put it together consistently. .

This was also exemplified by them missing a ton of bunnies yesterday too.

@tzznandrew and I talked about this during the game. We must have used the phrase "this is the season in a nutshell" 10 times.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Kansas was a great team. I am sure fans realize that now since it was a National televised game. No idea how many times they were on tv. Very strong inside. Bang in a three when needed or bored. Cannot wait for next year. We looking good.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
I haven't seen a ton of them so I don't know if they played better, the same, or worse than they usually do but that was a very good team last night... Only other game I watched of them was the BXII Championship and they beat a tough WV.

Thanks to Sterling and Miller... Good effort, good students, hope they enjoyed their time, they have this fan's appreciation.
Best of luck to Omar and Phil... and Phil, if anyone questions your resolve, show them the ring; only wish there was another to go with it.

... The future is bright. Got my sunglasses on!
Brian O'Connell, you're still a terrible, terrible referee.

Now we need Syracuse to lose so I can enjoy the rest of this tournament... Especially since ND beat SFA.

Reaction Score
Kansas was a great team. I am sure fans realize that now since it was a National televised game. No idea how many times they were on tv. Very strong inside. Bang in a three when needed or bored. Cannot wait for next year. We looking good.
They were on CBS, ESPN, or ESPN2 26 times.

Reaction Score
Even under the best of circumstances we would have been a longshot to win that matchup. Considering our situation of relying on a young PG to play major minutes and the inconsistency of results from a number of guys we did OK.

We also had maybe the least rest of any team in the tourney and playing multi-OT games in our own tournament. We had to travel to play a tough 1st round matchup due to our low seeding, and then met the #1 seed in their own backyard. Winning would have been a miraculous effort under that scenario. This is still a tough bracket for KU but they have to be considered at least in the top few teams of who's left.

NotADimeBack

Give me my avi back
Reaction Score

Roselyn Sanchez. A1

Reaction Score
We've lost games before, but that was just a beatdown. Kansas deserves all the credit we can give them. Great team that played at a peak level yesterday. I hope they win it all.

Reaction Score
Kansas is really good but there is no excuse for going down 24 points in the first half. That is just pathetic.

Reaction Score
This... Anyone who asserts that we just played poorly is really looking at things through husky shaped glasses. We were more or less inept in the 1st half yesterday because we could barely dribble and pass (let alone shoot) against their half court pressure. While we made some adjustments, they also coasted a bit in the 2nd half. But every time they needed a basket they got three to push the lead back out of reach.
I was really shocked by their speed. Everywhere. It was impressive. I didn't think we were the quickest team around, but quicker than most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom