Kangaroo thoughts | The Boneyard

Kangaroo thoughts

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. I really, really like watching this team play.
  2. UMKC starting the season with 4 straight road games. I'll bet they can't wait to get back to the Kangaroo Court. And if they don't actually call their home court that, the AD needs to be fired.
  3. Vital is drawing a lot of fire here, and understandably so, given his woeful shooting percentage and apparent willingness to take the first shot he thinks he might be able to make in some alternate universe every time he touches the ball. But he's the leading rebounder on a team that really needs rebounding, and between his steals and assists, he may actually be a net positive, even with the poor shooting and lack of judgment. Oh wait... He also had 5 of our 12 TOs, and should have had a 6th, when the most obvious travel of the night didn't draw a whistle. So no, not a net positive at all. But I've got to admit that when his first quick 3 fell, I thought it might be one of his good shooting nights. I have no idea how many he missed before knocking down another shot, but it was a lay-in more than 20 minutes of game time later.
  4. B Adams had a lousy shooting night, and only got one board. But with a block and a pair each of boards and dimes, he still made his presence felt.
  5. Tarin was outstanding again. I can't help but think that he's going to make a habit of being outstanding.
  6. Polley showed why he's going to be important as the recipient of kickouts, and got a couple offensive boards as well.
  7. For my money, Cobb had his best game in a UConn uniform, although his line is unspectacular. First time I can recall wishing he got more minutes.
  8. Yakwe 2 for 2 with 3 boards and a block in 14 minutes is heady stuff in your first real chance to contribute. Unfortunately, 5 fouls in 14 minutes kind of took the luster off his outing. But he shows a lot of promise, and we need productive bodies on the front line.
  9. Carlton wasn't superman this time out, but he was steady and productive. Between he and Cobb, we got 17 points from the 5 spot, along with 5 boards. And 3 of Carlton's boards were on the offensive end, where we need the most work.
  10. Gilbert and Adams are the engine that powers this ship. They both played solid, accumulated decent numbers, and played good D. I think Adams needs to take ownership of the game a bit more though. Whenever things start to get a little fluffy like they did early in the 2nd half last night, Jalen needs to demand the ball and take it upon himself to right the ship.
  11. Speaking of things getting fluffy, we did not look good at all when we veered off the uptempo game and had to play against a set defense in the half court while trying to extend possessions a bit.
  12. The AAC's current promo spin (We are Power) with the Power 6 in the logo is embarrassing. Kind of like Diaco's Civil ConFLiCT trophy. You can't just invent crap like that; It's got to happen naturally.

Reaction Score
  1. The AAC's current promo spin (We are Power) with the Power 6 in the logo is embarrassing. Kind of like Diaco's Civil ConFLiCT trophy. You can't just invent crap like that; It's got to happen naturally.

Fact: The AAC is the 6th best football conference, so consider it natural. Hopefully basketball will get there soon.

Reaction Score
The AAC's current promo spin (We are Power) with the Power 6 in the logo is embarrassing. Kind of like Diaco's Civil ConFLiCT trophy. You can't just invent crap like that; It's got to happen naturally.

You couldn't be more wrong. In sports, over promising and under performing is rewarded with media.

Reaction Score
The whole P5/P6 whatever is media hype BS. Plus it has more to do with FB than BB. We can compete with those teams in BB, ok maybe we are down this year ( the league, not us) but we have some good BB schools. If you go from top to bottem in the P5 leagues they have plenty of stinkers in BB. In any case, we should not concern ourselves with this, as it is out of our control how the media wants to hype things.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The whole P5/P6 whatever is media hype BS. Plus it has more to do with FB than BB. We can compete with those teams in BB, ok maybe we are down this year ( the league, not us) but we have some good BB schools. If you go from top to bottem in the P5 leagues they have plenty of stinkers in BB. In any case, we should not concern ourselves with this, as it is out of our control how the media wants to hype things.
Actually, the American has done pretty well in football. Just not us, lately.

Reaction Score
I don't get the power 5/power 6 argument. Basketball wise isn't there already a power six excluding the American?

ACC
Big Ten
Big 12
Big East
SEC
Pac 12

I get some of them haven't been great but seems more like the American is more of the 7 spot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom