Kamorea Arnold class 2023 | The Boneyard

Kamorea Arnold class 2023

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Appreciate it! She looks quick/smooth and shows a very polished game.
Unless someone comes in via the portal we have no new guards from 2022.
I figure we need one from 2023...a one year overlap with Paige and Niki.
Have we offered Williams from Mississippi? I'd be delighted with either one.
Fair to say that Williams is by far the more hyped?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
UCONN has outstanding offers to two guards in '23 Kamorea & Shade. Unless something goes incredibly wrong in the recruiting process I'd expect UCONN to also offer Mikaylah Williams as well because Williams is a program changer (even for UCONN). The hype for Williams is seriously real. In Williams you might be looking at a Maya Moore level of athleticism, offensive arsenal better than Odyssey Simms and defensive tools and versatility comparable to Kelly Faris. There are also a few other guards in 23 that UCONN has expressed interest in although I don't think any offers have been extended. Judea Watkins may come back into play for UCONN now that both Kiki Rice and Jada Williams has decided to commit to UCLA. There is also "Queen" Hannah Hildago and Chloe Clardy both of who have had UCONN interest.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Haven't heard of an offer for Williams yet, but she's exploded the past few months so, yes, she's more hyped as it were. But Arnold is ranked top 8 at Blue Star, ASGR, and ESPN.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
UCONN has outstanding offers to two guards in '23 Kamorea & Shade. Unless something goes incredibly wrong in the recruiting process I'd expect UCONN to also offer Mikaylah Williams as well because Williams is a program changer (even for UCONN). The hype for Williams is seriously real. In Williams you might be looking at a Maya Moore level of athleticism, offensive arsenal better than Odyssey Simms and defensive tools and versatility comparable to Kelly Faris. There are also a few other guards in 23 that UCONN has expressed interest in although I don't think any offers have been extended. Judea Watkins may come back into play for UCONN now that both Kiki Rice and Jada Williams has decided to commit to UCLA. There is also "Queen" Hannah Hildago and Chloe Clardy both of who have had UCONN interest.
KK is nice, but for me, Watkins and Williams are far nicer. Just sayin'.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Just for the record: by using the words 'more hyped' I did not mean she didn't deserve that description.

Reaction Score
Love Arnold's speed, but I would take Williams. Williams reminded me of Vinnie "Microwave" Johnson.

Reaction Score
Is Kamorea on UCONN's radar ?

Some information on 2023 KK’s 11/22/21 announcement. Glad that she is announcing early rather than later. No West Coast schools in the mix...

EDIT: Just saw this information was also posted in the recruiting thread.

Reaction Score
Haven’t you been reading this board? Paige is staying 5 years. Lol
Staying 5 years does seem far-fetched.
However, (And I'm not saying this makes it probable, only slightly more possible)
Paige signing a contract, under NIL guidelines, takes a lot of the financial incentive out of turning pro.

Reaction Score
Anyone got one of those “feelings” about this one! Lol
Looking at the image below....I'm wondering if it's the same situation as what @CL82 posted in Kiki's thread....he didn't like UConn's placement on Image (lol). I have to go with same comment here for kk, I don't get a good feeling where UConn is placed on this image...or maybe the issue(s) are too many "k's" (kk and kiki).

1636725458963.png

1636725988834.png

Reaction Score
Looking at the image below....I'm wondering if it's the same situation as what @CL82 posted in Kiki's thread....he didn't like UConn's placement on Image (lol). I have to go with same comment here for kk, I don't get a good feeling where UConn is placed on this image...or maybe the issue(s) are too many "k's" (kk and kiki).

View attachment 70933

View attachment 70934
Big difference. Being on the left leg is much better than the right leg.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Big difference. Being on the left leg is much better than the right leg.
Much more important than banner placement, the color scheme of the decision banner is exactly the same as the UConn banner

Reaction Score
I don't see why some are making this an either or decision with regards to Williams and maybe Shade. Arnold is short and clearly a PG. Williams is a strong 6 foot and more of a 2/3. Paige and Nika are gone (probably) a year after Arnold would arrive. That is probably an ideal situation, one year to learn and then thrust into a primary role.

Of the highly ranked prospects we have offered she is the only pure point. Shade might be able to play it, but I view her more as a swing guard, 1/2. If we don't get Arnold in 23, we are desperate to get at least one, maybe two in 24, and thrust them immediately into the rotation.

Now don't get me wrong, Williams is considered a better prospect than Arnold, and as the number 1 ranked player, of course I want us to go after her, but they are completely different positions and needs. If anything the either or decision regarding Williams might be with Booker. IMO we should want one of those two, but probably would have trouble using both. Either of those with Arnold and one from Toomey/Cunningham would be another monster recruiting class.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom