Kaleena Stats | The Boneyard

Kaleena Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
It's because she is slow enough of foot that teams trying to pass the ball behind her misjudge her pace throw it right to her.

Ah, taking a page from the Maria Conlon playbook - lull 'em into complacency, then, strike!:eek:

Reaction Score
It was fun last night to hear the entire GB bench yelling at their players on defense, "23!!!," WATCH OUT for 23!
Not 4, not 12, not 11, not 30, 41 or 3, but 23! Even the announcers caught up on it.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I know the subject has been beaten to death but I watched K very closely the last few nights in situ

She's a great, great shooter; will always be able to hit open shots and her D was not bad at all last night.
But K does not look right.

Geno mentioned after the Stanford debacle that she looks like she lost a step
She's not as active in the post or at the boards as last year.
And she's not going to be as attractive to the pros unless something radical happens.

[mod edit]
And I don't buy the body type interview she gave to Rebecca.

Reaction Score
It was fun last night to hear the entire GB bench yelling at their players on defense, "23!!!," WATCH OUT for 23!
Not 4, not 12, not 11, not 30, 41 or 3, but 23! Even the announcers caught up on it.
So I guess GB takes after Coach P?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I know the subject has been beaten to death but I watched K very closely the last few nights in situ

She's a great, great shooter; will always be able to hit open shots and her D was not bad at all last night.

And she's not going to be as attractive to the pros unless something radical happens.

[mod edit]
I think that Geno's comments do not apply at all to how she played throughout the tournament. She was much more active. The number of steals she made were directly related to that effort.

Reaction Score
I don't get it. KML leads the team in: 3FG pct, FT pct, pts/game, steals, and minutes. What else does she need to do to make everyone happy?

Reaction Score
I don't get it. KML leads the team in: 3FG pct, FT pct, pts/game, steals, and minutes. What else does she need to do to make everyone happy?
Doing it against Stanford - would have avoided all the controversy

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
And it is very possible she was getting sick at that time.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Doing it against Stanford - would have avoided all the controversy

Yeah. It stinks that she is human and prone to the flu and stuff like that....

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score

[mod edit]

what I believe is that there are folks who have no issues with Kaleena
And there are folks who see problems.

That is the nature of folks. And that is not going to change.

For the record, I side with the folks who have no problem with the way she is playing...a lot of what she does on the court does not show up in the stat sheet.

So my friend, I will agree to disagree with you.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
what I believe is that there are folks who have no issues with Kaleena
And there are folks who see problems.

Do you see any other types of folk out there? Or just these two?

JS

Reaction Score
This is essentially an attempt by one of the primary protagonists to revive the thread that was closed on Friday with 189 posts.

The only thing that -- perhaps -- makes it viable again is that three more games are on the books since then.

The thing that will make it non-viable again, and quicker this time, is disrespect toward each other's opinions.

That said, carry on.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Do you see any other types of folk out there? Or just these two?

Honestly? I don't spend a lot of time on the types of folks out there. I posted what I felt was appropriate for me in this thread. that's all

Reaction Score
I was one of the BYers who argued in favor of K but have come to the conclusion that even with stats, proof etc, there are some nay sayers who get their jollies by being contrary Harry.So by not engaging them and ignoring them will ruin their day. I totally agree with you however.

JS

Reaction Score
I was one of the BYers who argued in favor of K but have come to the conclusion that even with stats, proof etc, there are some nay sayers who get their jollies by being contrary Harry.So by not engaging them and ignoring them will ruin their day. I totally agree with you however.
Phil, with all due respect, your reference to naysayers getting their jollies is exactly what I'm talking about.

The thread has hardly begun and has already featured sarcasm, demeaning references and the topic of posters rather than a focus on the issue. These are not hopeful signs.

As far as the medical status in the Stanford game, BTW, we've already had implied assertions that it did and it didn't affect her game, when the reality is we don't know where it stood or how it affected her if at all.

I don't normally make multiple mod posts in a thread, and there's nothing awful about this one. I'm just using the thread to illustrate a current point of emphasis.

That point, to be more specific, is that we are seeking to improve on the board's receptivity to all points of view, including those some may regard as too "negative" as well as too "rah-rah."

That means civil, substantive disagreement, not attack posts -- which too often have an underlying suppressive intent -- in any of their forms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom