Kalani Brown to Baylor [merged thread] | The Boneyard

Kalani Brown to Baylor [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Or so my friend said. Looking for confirmation.

Reaction Score
WOOHOO!!! Top rated post in the class of 2015 becomes a Lady Bear. We will add Brown AND Jones next year! Things are looking UP!!!
Looking up unless they get mugged on the way to the Final Four, AGAIN!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Glad to not see her in orange. :)

Oh and congrats to you too, ETT.
Let me 2nd that emotion. Of course, some Tennessee fans think Monpremier is a better prospect (more potential), but if they miss out on her, they will have some serious post issues 2-3 years down the road...

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
I don't necessarily think Mompremier is better than Brown, I think she has more upside. From what I have seen of Brown, she is a traditional back to the basket center, where as Mompremier is more mobile.

We need Mompremier, and we need her bad!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
This most surely sends McCowan to TAMU. I don't see her wanting to play behind Brown. And I think this increases Baylor's chances at landing Cox. I really want to have the opportunity to say "It was the Brown-Cox show."

Reaction Score
Let me 2nd that emotion. Of course, some Tennessee fans think Monpremier is a better prospect (more potential), but if they miss out on her, they will have some serious post issues 2-3 years down the road...
From the games I have seen, Brown is light years ahead of Mompremier. This is a big miss for Tenn in my opinion.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I hope (sincerely) that she has a happier time at Baylor than Griner did.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Grudging ;) congrats ETT. I can hear the gnashing of all those little Vole teeth from here in Montana.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
This most surely sends McCowan to TAMU. I don't see her wanting to play behind Brown. And I think this increases Baylor's chances at landing Cox. I really want to have the opportunity to say "It was the Brown-Cox show."

How do you figure it increases those chances?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
How do you figure it increases those chances?

Talent wants to play with talent...kind of like how players want to go to UCONN so that they can play with more talent. And this will allow Cox to play the 4 and not have to bang around in the paint too much.

If Cox comes to Baylor she will be playing with Brown, Alexis Prince, Alexis Jones, Calveion Landrum, Ieshia Small, Nina Davis, Dekeiya Cohen, Imani Wright. The 2016 team looks like a very good year for Baylor.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Talent wants to play with talent...kind of like how players want to go to UCONN so that they can play with more talent. And this will allow Cox to play the 4 and not have to bang around in the paint too much.

How much banging really goes on in women's college basketball though?

I don't know where Cox intends to go, but at UConn position labels really don't matter much. Her versatility would find like a glove with Collier, Samuelson, and Boykin upfront.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

If Cox comes to Baylor she will be playing with Brown, Alexis Prince, Alexis Jones, Calveion Landrum, Ieshia Small, Nina Davis, Dekeiya Cohen, Imani Wright. The 2016 team looks like a very good year for Baylor.
I actually think it might decrease the chances on Cox, but perhaps increase them for a player like Holmes (not a bad trade off.) But then who really knows.
But - Congrats to Baylor! Really good get.
ETT - does this put them over 15 scholarship players for 2016? I read that somewhere - is there someone who is leaving unexpectedly? Or being forced out?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I actually think it might decrease the chances on Cox, but perhaps increase them for a player like Holmes (not a bad trade off.) But then who really knows.
But - Congrats to Baylor! Really good get.
ETT - does this put them over 15 scholarship players for 2016? I read that somewhere - is there someone who is leaving unexpectedly? Or being forced out?

I don't concern myself with scholarship counts. I figure that will all work out in the long run.

BTW...BU on FoxSW tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger