KAJ | The Boneyard

KAJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Had lunch with KAJ one week prior to his announcement picking UCLA. He was sitting at our Holy Cross baseball training table. I was the student manager. I asked him if there was any chance that he would be coming to HC. He politely said no. I came today to support my coach who was applying for our open coaching job ((which he got). He said that I am going to UCLA to study journalism and after a spectacular b-ball career, that is exactly what he did and is now a gifted journalist.

Cheers, Baghdad

Reaction Score
I think he was talking about Kareem. But still.

Confused.jpg

Reaction Score
Had lunch with KAJ one week prior to his announcement picking UCLA. He was sitting at our Holy Cross baseball training table. I was the student manager. I asked him if there was any chance that he would be coming to HC. He politely said no. I came today to support my coach who was applying for our open coaching job ((which he got). He said that I am going to UCLA to study journalism and after a spectacular b-ball career, that is exactly what he did and is now a gifted journalist.

Cheers, Baghdad
I was responding to the post indicating that St John’s missed out on recruiting KAJ. He was never going to choose St John’s because UCLA has a great school of journalism.

Cheers, Baghdad

Reaction Score
We can't bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell 'em stories that don't go anywhere - like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you'd say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones

temery

What?
Reaction Score

Cheers, Baghdad

Who is KAJ? Typing the actual name would have let the reader know what you are taking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom