Kadary Richmond down to Oregon, Seton Hall, St. John’s and UConn | The Boneyard

Kadary Richmond down to Oregon, Seton Hall, St. John’s and UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I just sold myself on this kid about 10 minutes ago. Here we go!

Reaction Score
Is it correct to say Cam, Niels, and Kadary are all same position and scholarship usage?

I haven’t seen Kadary play so I’m not sure about his game.

Also interesting Kadary and Geronimo play on the same AAU team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
giphy.gif

Reaction Score
St Johns and Seton Hall are battling for his buddy, Posh Alexander (along with Illinois and Pitt). Likely an uphill battle if Posh commits to either one of them.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
St Johns and Seton Hall are battling for his buddy, Posh Alexander (along with Illinois and Pitt). Likely an uphill battle if Posh commits to either one of them.

SHU already has two guards in their 2020 class and a sit-one/play-two transfer SG on the bench this year. Not sure they have room for two more.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Didn't know much about this kid until now. Does anyone have a grip on his timeline?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Didn't know much about this kid until now. Does anyone have a grip on his timeline?

Dunno if you saw it but there's some talk of him in the Jordan Geronimo thread. That's what sold me.

Reaction Score
One consistent thing we hear from these recruits is they love the way Hurley runs practices.

His practices are non-stop movement. Intense, a lot of cardio, energy, enthusiasm ...but all coaching/teaching is done on the fly. I can see why kids are impressed by it.

It’s interesting that Calhoun practices were almost the opposite, with a lot of whistles and stopping practice to teach every minute or 2.

Reaction Score
I posted this in the ESPN Top 100 thread but seems appropriate to put it in here also.

Which new members of the ESPN 100 do we expect to keep moving up?

Other newcomers, both to the ESPN 100 and the class as a whole, appear on our list after opting for a postgraduate year that took them from 2019 to 2020. The two most notable examples are Jalen Bridges (No. 72) and Kadary Richmond (No. 94). Bridges is a skilled perimeter forward and evolving athlete who can double as a big wing and face-up 4. Richmond is an ultra-versatile big guard with loads of versatility and playmaking ability with the ball in his hands. He debuts in the back end of the 100 but has the natural tools and talent to continue rising if he can utilize his extra year to become more consistent with his approach and production.

C

Chief00

His practices are non-stop movement. Intense, a lot of cardio, energy, enthusiasm ...but all coaching/teaching is done on the fly. I can see why kids are impressed by it.

It’s interesting that Calhoun practices were almost the opposite, with a lot of whistles and stopping practice to teach every minute or 2.
Some truth but Calhoun also practiced the fast break where the ball barely touched the floor.

But yeah if you messed up, Calhoun would have it become a coaching moment. In games, the same thing. I remember once there was some article about his swearing and he lamented you need to say just to get some guys attention.

Other times, Calhoun could be very quiet at practices as things got more serious.
He could make a brilliant side comment that would enable the players to motivate themselves. And typically it was then not a good outcome for an opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom