K-state's new practice facility | The Boneyard

K-state's new practice facility

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It looks really nice. Slick too (in a good way). Couldn't tell if they have a separate side for men and women like UCONN plans. And they have nowhere near the history or success (on either side men or women) that UCONN has had. I liked how they tried showcasing the "talent" that has gone thru K-state (they certainly have had some good ones) and the league championships. I'd impressed if I were a recruit... but I'd be more impressed if I were a UCONN recruit!

Reaction Score
UConn's practice facility is estimated at over 40 mill. When all is said and done I expect us to have one of the top 5 practice facilities in the country. Our football one is the best in the BE

Reaction Score
Who exactly has gone through K State, they had Michael Beasley for a year and he hasn't exactly turned into an NBA star.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I just didn't find that overly impressive. The silly pull down screen for the theater looked like what my dad setup in the 70's to watch home movies. Spend a few bucks and get the 103" plasma for a much better picture and comparable size.

One court? Just one?

I hope UConn's looks a lot better than that.

Reaction Score
any one know if this was funded through private donations like uconn's will be? I was pretty impressed by the looks of that one. Would love to find out the budget. I'll do a quick search and post it if i find it. I'm curious too see how far 40 million will take uconn's practice facility.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
any one know if this was funded through private donations like uconn's will be? I was pretty impressed by the looks of that one. Would love to find out the budget. I'll do a quick search and post it if i find it. I'm curious too see how far 40 million will take uconn's practice facility.
18 Million. Apparently money goes further in Kansas.

Reaction Score
Who exactly has gone through K State, they had Michael Beasley for a year and he hasn't exactly turned into an NBA star.

Rolando Blackman and Mitch Richmond send a greeting card.

Still their practice facility looks nice.

Reaction Score
Whoops totally forgot about Mitch, he was one of my favorites.

Reaction Score

not sure what they paid

Dang, everyone has one nowadays (except us, but that's being worked on). I know college football is where the $$$$'s at. Obviously, college hoops ain't bad when programs like KState can build state-of-the art bball facilities.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Curtis Kelly..LOL

Actually I think Rolando Blackmon may be the biggest?.........Bruce Webber stepped into it huh? He's still an awful coach so this facility won't matter.

Reaction Score
I don't think it matters who went to the NBA or Championships to get donors. Its a recruiting tool and of course a facility for their teams. With that said if they (along with OK State and others) can produce such a nice facility without the 'UConn' pedigree, I pray ours does becomes better than those who don't have our history. We all know that the facility is not the determining factor in winning championships proven by none other than us. To me (a fan not a player/recruit) its a cool factor and an expensive one at that. I can't wait to see our final product.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I believe it will be Incredible
ymeratyr.jpg
in Storrs

U

UCONNfan1

I, too, was surprised by only 1 court. UCONN's is planned for the facility to have a mirror image - one side is devoted to WCBB and the other side to MCBB. Each side has its' own court with 3 (i think) free throw practice areas. i know people have linked UCONN's plans on the BY. UCONN's will be much more impressive. Two separate facilities is a testament to the incredible heights achieved by both programs.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Michael Beasley, Curtis Kelly or Bill Walker donated any money towards this new facility?

Reaction Score
UConn's practice facility is estimated at over 40 mill. When all is said and done I expect us to have one of the top 5 practice facilities in the country. Our football one is the best in the BE
Our football facilities are among the top in the country, not just the BE.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
It better be considered one of the best in the county; the freakin couch cushions are $20k a piece and they have their own personal dining hall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom