K-state Post Game Presser | The Boneyard

K-state Post Game Presser

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Impressive team. Impressive coach. Geno confirmed somewhat indirectly that fatigue was a contributor.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
KSU players and coaches were really good. I particularly liked the statement by Mitty that 'playing hard' doesn't mean anything, being tough and playing hard should be a given - what matters is executing.

I get so tired of hearing coaches (and especially one down south) who are always saying after a lost 'we weren't tough enough' or 'the other team played harder'. Very rarely do you see a games where a team just quits, but what you do see is teams that don't execute, or that forget what the plan was and fail to execute that plan on offense or defense. And you see some teams where you wonder if they know or have a plan, or if they are capable of executing a plan.

I feel it is a coaching cop-out and a shifting of the blame from a teachable situation, and one in which they bear a large responsibility, to a motivational issue and 'not my fault'. The phrase 'I don't know why we didn't play harder' is a real problem that doesn't have a solution - 'I don't know why we didn't execute' at least suggests there is a series of specific things you can work on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom