K seemed comfortable in the pocket. | The Boneyard

K seemed comfortable in the pocket.

Reaction Score
Small things. The pass blocking was fair even though we tried to block a DE projected to go in the first round of the NFL draft with a redshirt freshman and no help. K kept his eyes downfield. He seemed to read the defense pretty fast even as the pass rush was reaching him. If Medlock doesn't drop a certain TD pass, K's day looks better. Room for improvement. His touch needs work. You betcha. But no happy feet. No signs of panic in the pocket. No hitting defensive backs (or linemen) between the numbers. Sometimes the lack of negatives is step forward. I think there is reason to be cautiously optimistic.

Reaction Score
Got a chuckle about the blocking a first round DE with a red shirt freshman and no help. How true and how silly. Steven Krajewski can be very good. Burns should have run under another nice throw too.

Reaction Score
I don't see it with this kid. I root for him but that grounding call is not one you expect to see from a college junior. He's a competent backup and should have started over Z on day 1. Threw a bad INT and had another one dropped. Threw some nice ones as well but Tyler Phommachanh is clearly better IMO.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I don't see it with this kid. I root for him but that grounding call is not one you expect to see from a college junior. He's a competent backup and should have started over Z on day 1. Threw a bad INT and had another one dropped. Threw some nice ones as well but Tyler Phommachanh is clearly better IMO.
It's his third game. He's showed the most arm talent by far.

Give him weeks or an off season to practice with the ones, and he'll show even more flashes.

By far our best qb imo.

Goatmeat

Puncher of Goats
Reaction Score

Give him weeks or an off season to practice with the ones, and he'll show even more flashes.

By far our best qb imo.
No. Wrong. Tyler Phommachanh is the future until something changes (whether it’s recruits or transfers). This is not up for debate. This is clear to anyone that has watched the team this season. We would have won this game by 10 with Tyler Phommachanh.

Reaction Score

By far our best qb imo.
I disagree. Its Tyler Phommachanh by a country mile. That failed pass for the 2pt conversion is a simple pitch and catch for an fbs qb. Klercius bailed him out on the 4th and 18 pass.

He will probably be starter the rest of the year so he will get a chance to really show what he has.

Goatmeat

Puncher of Goats
Reaction Score
I disagree. Its Tyler Phommachanh by a country mile. That failed pass for the 2pt conversion is a simple pitch and catch for an fbs qb. Klercius bailed him out on the 4th and 18 pass.

He will probably be starter the rest of the year so he will get a chance to really show what he has.
*Clercius.

Reaction Score

By far our best qb imo.
I agree.

Reaction Score
*Clercius.
*Clercius.
No. Wrong. Tyler Phommachanh is the future until something changes (whether it’s recruits or transfers). This is not up for debate. This is clear to anyone that has watched the team this season. We would have won this game by 10 with Tyler Phommachanh.
Since you’re so good at telling the future why don’t you pick the winning six lottery numbers for us? We win this game if we don’t leave those points on the field and take stupid penalties.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I was certain this was going to be a 40-6 type game after his first 2 series but he looked pretty damn good.

He telegraphs his passes a little too much for me but he made some plays, even with his legs!
He telegraphs his passes a little too much for me but he made some plays, even with his legs!

I think I still like Tyler Phommachanh better but damn, it’s insane that Zergiotis was the starter the first 2 games…and last season?!

Goatmeat

Puncher of Goats
Reaction Score
Since you’re so good at telling the future why don’t you pick the winning six lottery numbers for us? We win this game if we don’t leave those points on the field and take stupid penalties.
Lol no nice try. I know the winning lottery numbers and I would never give them to you!

Reaction Score
A college junior who only started one game in three years and didn’t even play last year. Tyler Phommachanh is definitely a better athlete but not a better QB. They both have different skill sets and are an asset to the team. You’re right though, he should’ve started from day 1.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

Practicing with the ones is critical especially for timing routes. Steve will look better his next time out. He did a nice job out there yesterday. Always tough to get up off the bench and lead the team.

Reaction Score
He should look great against UMASS. Kinda like how UCONN offense probably looked great practicing against UCONN last year.

Reaction Score
We might have a QB controversy. I believe both Steven Krajewski and Tyler Phommachanh can be our QBs. Steven Krajewski wasn't like by RE, but he seems that he will be good. If Steven Krajewski was hated by RE, because he likes to party, who cares. If any QB had a game 25/30 500 yard passing, 200 yards rushing, 8 TDs 0 picks and he had a BAC of .390. (.4 is fatal), I'd rather start him than a QB who was sacked 20 times, 0/70 passing 0TD and 15 INTs and his BAC was 0.0. (Of course, I made up the stats I doubt you'd see any stats like that, lol)

Reaction Score
A college junior who only started one game in three years and didn’t even play last year. Tyler Phommachanh is definitely a better athlete but not a better QB. They both have different skill sets and are an asset to the team. You’re right though, he should’ve started from day 1.
I will root for him hard. I want a scenario where its a flip of the coin on who wins the job next year. To me that means K has improved to push Puma.

As for the better QB, that's debateable. Puma seems to inspire confidence from his teammates and that has to be high on the list of desirable QB traits. That confidence to the team comes from the confidence he seems to have in himself. K needs to strut out there like he owns the place. I felt Z had that as well, but his lack of athleticism behind this line was a horrible fit. Both K and Puma have gotten plays blown up the last 2 weeks before the could complete their fakes.

Reaction Score
We were better with Tyler Phommachanh, but Steven Krajewski has his upsides too, especially his ability as a pocket passer to take off and run.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Pro QBs do the same once in a while. A little extreme conclusion as far as that one play goes. There were a lot worse penalties than that last night.

As far as Tyler Phommachanh goes, while he obviously adds a great dimension to the attack, it’s an open case right now on his passing. Too little a sample and hopefully he’s not done for the year. Haven’t seen news on him.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I think Tyler Phommachanh is a better overall QB solution for UConn but let's not pretend Tyler Phommachanh is a dead on accurate thrower. He has overthrown and underthrown plenty of passes similar to the missed 2 pt conversion last night.

Reaction Score
If Tyler Phommachanh can't return in October it makes no sense to bring him back for multiple games in November and burn his redshirt.

Tyler Phommachanh might also be eligible for a medical redshirt this year making him potentially eligible for a 6th year should another injury occur.

Last edited:

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Tyler Phommachanh might also be eligible for a medical redshirt this year making him potentially eligible for a 6th year should another injury occur.
?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom