K.C. Keeler | The Boneyard

K.C. Keeler

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
I believe he was on the list when they hired Diaco...He would be a solid choice.

Reaction Score
Why is this its own thread? He's been brought up plenty of times in the other thread...
He would have been a solid choice when PP was hired or when Diaco was hired, but he will be 63 years old before next season and I don't think UConn can hire an older coach this time.
And this is the exact reason why he shouldn't be hired. Missed the boat on him 5-10 years ago.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
Why is this its own thread? He's been brought up plenty of times in the other thread...

And this is the exact reason why he shouldn't be hired. Missed the boat on him 5-10 years ago.
I apologize didnt realize you monitored the threads

Reaction Score
I was all for KC Keeler when he was at Delaware before Diaco was hired. UCONN really missed the boat on that. Wade hired Diaco, and we all know what happened. Diaco has been a diaster everywhere he went after he left UCONN. It still boggles my mind how someone like Diaco with one award from ND turned that into multiple failed jobs.

KC will also be 63 years old. For the next hire, UCONN should definitely go after a young head coach.

Reaction Score
I was all for KC Keeler when he was at Delaware before Diaco was hired. UCONN really missed the boat on that. Wade hired Diaco, and we all know what happened. Diaco has been a diaster everywhere he went after he left UCONN. It still boggles my mind how someone like Diaco with one award from ND turned that into multiple failed jobs.

KC will also be 63 years old. For the next hire, UCONN should definitely go after a young head coach.
Yup.. that ship sailed 10 years ago

Reaction Score
Ship has sailed but that is definitely the profile of a coach we should be looking for - someone with success as a head coach at the FCS level. I have zero doubt there are FBS coordinators who would do well here but being a head coach involves a ton more that being a coordinator.

Reaction Score
Yup.. that ship sailed 10 years ago
For sure. I pushed for KC Keeler hard on this forum when we were looking for a coach. Today, we need a young coach who is innovative with a proven track record. Basically, we need a much younger version of KC Keeler.

Reaction Score
The right idea(successful FCS HC) but I'd aim for someone younger who can connect with teenagers in 2021.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom