2022 Recruiting: - Justin Taylor commits to Syracuse | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Justin Taylor commits to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I find it curious that Virginia didn't recruit him harder especially as he comes from Charlottesville. Instead they're going after a kid from Nebraska with a similar ranking and a higher ranked player from Maryland.

Reaction Score
I find it curious that Virginia didn't recruit him harder especially as he comes from Charlottesville. Instead they're going after a kid from Nebraska with a similar ranking and a higher ranked player from Maryland.
Especially since "an outstanding shooter and solid athlete, capable of defending well at the small forward position."

However, I can see why a 6'6 200 shooter has appeal to play in Cuse because they play bigger guards and that helps players with an eye for the pros play positions in college that are closer to what they will have to play in the pros. For example, Taylor will likely be a 2 at Syracuse and if he ever makes the NBA, it'll likely be as a 2. However, at Virginia (or most other programs), at that size, he would be more likely to play the 3.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
And don't downplay the offseason nose picking training he'll get. I hear they have some pretty awesome 5 v 5 picking games in the offseason.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Because, believe it or not, every top ranked recruit doesn’t necessarily want to play for their home state U.

Reaction Score
You're allowed to say that in this thread, but please don't say that in the other one or there might be an epic meltdown.
Bottom line very good pick up for them but clearly not a equal replacement for losing Dior, not even close.
Though Dior is a player I wouldn't be surprised ends up playing for KO and DL.

Reaction Score
Way too early 2022 class rankings:
4. Cuse
NR UConn

Reaction Score
we're pretty stocked at the 2/3 between top 100 NZ kid from '21, transfer from Indiana (Franklin) and just got a commit from similarly ranked CG Isaac McNeely. still think we'll be upset about not going after him, but the front court is more a concern at this point

Reaction Score
247's website shows a "little 56" next to his name with a "large 84" above it. Wouldn't that mean he fell from 56 to 84 in their latest ranking?
247 rankings he's 56, but his composite ranking is 84

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32