OT: - Juste Jocyte and Gabby Williams capture EuroCup Women's Title | The Boneyard

OT: Juste Jocyte and Gabby Williams capture EuroCup Women's Title

Reaction Score
Also, on the LCLC - ASVEL Lyon team are Brianna January, Julie Alleman, and Marine Johannes.
The team beat GALA in Istanbul, Turkey. Johannes was MVP, Gabby William contributed with 20 points in
the final game. Juste Jocyte played in 13 games for ASVEL: 13.9 minutes per game and
her stats: 4.2 ppg, FG 52.6% two point % 52.4 % and three point % 52.9 I believe
her two games, in the finals, stats were 52.7 FG %, 61.5 %(two pointers) and 31.5% (three pointer %)
Juste's DOB is 11/ 19/ 2005 yoa, 6'2" = 188 cm. I think Juste is "ready" for the American
College scene if she plays against THAT competition. So.... if the EUROPEAN SEASON is over...
is this just a waiting game or just a dream?? A slight PUN on JUSTE!!

Reaction Score
We don't really know who the unnamed top 5 recruit that Geno was alluding to is, or what rating he is talking about. Hopefully that was not Cheli, and I haven't seen her top 5 on any list I have seen, so unless Geno considers her top 5, it appears someone else is out there that is waiting to make things official.

I guess Strong or Carlton could be that player, but a foreign player playing professionally would have an obvious reason for waiting, so they wouldn't create a distraction, or affect her current team's chemistry, so that makes the Jocyte dreaming interesting. What year raises some questions as well.

In theory Jocyte or the C prospect from Kenya (Okot) could be a possibility for the 23/24 season, while Strong or Carlton would be a year later. The issue with that is that we only have one spot available for the next season and might be pursuing Betts. As I understand it, Jocyte has a contract that still has a year or two more to run that allows her to pursue college in the US if she wants to. So she could choose to use that option this year, after next year's Euro league season, or maybe never.

Maybe Geno's comments were misconstrued, I don't know, but I think you are right that the end of her season potentially could free her to announce something if she was going to do so.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
This was the final for the Eurocup, but the European season isn't over yet. They have more French league games still to play. Not sure when it all wraps up and whether their are any National Team games on tap as well. Gabby was playing into May in France last year which cause Chicago to throw a hissy fit.

Reaction Score
This was the final for the Eurocup, but the European season isn't over yet. They have more French league games still to play. Not sure when it all wraps up and whether their are any National Team games on tap as well. Gabby was playing into May in France last year which cause Chicago to throw a hissy fit.
Thanks for the clarification on the European WBB season! Now I recall that the WNBA was upset in]
previous years that European team players were not available for the start of the WNBA season.
I 'm not sure but someone, somewhere posted that Juste signed with Lyon for 3 years just
about 3 years ago! I remember the signing announcement that she was, I think, 15 years of age, " just "
about 16? Does any Boneyarder have more precise info? "Just" hoping, when I "Juste" don't
know. My last thought is that she is SO talented she could "just" skip college!! Z

YKCornelius

Yukon to my friends
Reaction Score
Also, on the LCLC - ASVEL Lyon team are Brianna January, Julie Alleman, and Marine Johannes.
The team beat GALA in Istanbul, Turkey. Johannes was MVP, Gabby William contributed with 20 points in
the final game. Juste Jocyte played in 13 games for ASVEL: 13.9 minutes per game and
her stats: 4.2 ppg, FG 52.6% two point % 52.4 % and three point % 52.9 I believe
her two games, in the finals, stats were 52.7 FG %, 61.5 %(two pointers) and 31.5% (three pointer %)
Juste's DOB is 11/ 19/ 2005 yoa, 6'2" = 188 cm. I think Juste is "ready" for the American
College scene if she plays against THAT competition. So.... if the EUROPEAN SEASON is over...
is this just a waiting game or just a dream?? A slight PUN on JUSTE!!
Z, thanks for the post. Slight clarification on the Gabby - the Gabulous One scored only 13 points in the final game (Game #2 of the Finals), but did score 20 points in the first game of the Finals.

I agree that Juste Jocyte is "ready" and would benefit from playing in the American collegiate atmosphere, IF she were to attend an elite program. I understand that many posters carry the opinion that she would benefit more if she continued to play in Europe under the training of a professional club and/or national team. I disagree. My opinion is that she would benefit greatly if exposed to the elements of WCBB. Plenty of time to bring in the coin.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Juste would be eligible for NIL deals...I can think of a few high profile colleges that would
assist her. Playing in the USA would build her brand here while she attended college.
Going pro and staying in Europe would not. I assume she is exploring her
options....including perhaps a chat with Gabby...and with other Euros who have come to
the USA for school and basketball futures...e.g. Lou/Nika/Dorka.

Reaction Score
Z, thanks for the post. Slight clarification on the Gabby - the Gabulous One scored only 13 points in the final game (Game #2 of the Finals), but did score 20 points in the first game of the Finals.

I agree that Juste Jocyte is "ready" and would benefit from playing in the American collegiate atmosphere, IF she were to attend an elite program. I understand that many posters carry the opinion that she would benefit more if she continued to play in Europe under the training of a professional club and/or national team. I disagree. My opinion is that she would benefit greatly if exposed to the elements of WCBB. Plenty of time to bring in the coin.
I don't agree with the choice of Jocyte, were she available. Why? I think Raina Tomasicka is clearly superior to Jocyte. Shoots with the deadliness of Clark, is easily as fast, and handles the ball fantastically well. Jocyte is great, but Raina is superior.

Reaction Score

I always appreciate the corrections, Many Thanks. I.e. == "THERE IS NO "I" on the Boneyard Team!!
We all benefit from our collective efforts.
Then again, she can " bring in the coin" early. Juste Jocyte was born in Washington, D.C.!!! Maybe
she will come to the USA collegiate ranks = Juste would win both ways = learning the WNBA system while at an excellent
USA school (E.G. UCONN!!) and benefiting from the NLI. We all wait to see!!

Reaction Score
Well stated regarding "building a brand." Juste-Jocyte would benefit as much from the personal development side as expanding and proving her basketball skills. While the foundation of most Huskie grad's success revolves around basketball, all have the speaking and other professional skills necessary to successfully navigate their careers long term. While other coaches and schools also could provide these benefits, the list is small.

Reaction Score
Juste's DOB is 11/ 19/ 2005 yoa,
I'm still trying to figure out what "yoa" means. At first, I thought it might mean "years of age" but it wouldn't make much sense to say she's 11/19/2005 years of age. My next thought was "yup, old and" [in the way]. Nah, that's not it. I may have to go with "Youngstown Ornithological Association." :D

Reaction Score
I'm still trying to figure out what "yoa" means. At first, I thought it might mean "years of age" but it wouldn't make much sense to say she's 11/19/2005 years of age. My next thought was "yup, old and" [in the way]. Nah, that's not it. I may have to go with "Youngstown Ornithological Association." :D
Any the answer to the Double Jeopardy question is: Zarathustra goofed! If I do this enough times
I may reach perfection!! Even my proof reading and editing did not help.... Dear Grammarly, please assist!!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I don't agree with the choice of Jocyte, were she available. Why? I think Raina Tomasicka is clearly superior to Jocyte. Shoots with the deadliness of Clark, is easily as fast, and handles the ball fantastically well. Jocyte is great, but Raina is superior.
She is a year older than Juste, and a different player 5'11" vs 6'2". They are both still learning, but Juste is doing so with a Eurocup winning team where she is a useful cog and in a stronger national league as well as for her national team. Raina appears to be playing only in her domestic league this year.

Sort of like comparing playing for a top 25 college team to playing for a team that gets a WNIT bid, or is one of the last 4 in to the NCAAs.

Not saying she isn't a very good prospect, but Jocyte is a 5 star college prospect if she decides to come to the states.

And I completely agree with other posters that even a few years in a good college program getting good college coaching would be good for Juste - while the European pro teams have 'developmental programs' for HS age players, they just are not as rigorous as a college program. The Australian national developmental program is better, similar to a few of the college prep programs in the US, but able to attract the best from across the country while the US programs are competing with the HS powerhouse programs around the country and generally get the second level of players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom