Just When You Think Its All Been Said | The Boneyard

Just When You Think Its All Been Said

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
About DT another article comes along with food for thought AND it's from the NY Post, but traditionally it has been a leading sports rag.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/10/what-it-takes-to-become-the-greatest-scorer-in-wnba-history/

“She’s a team player,” said ESPN analyst LaChina Robinson. “Her sort of laid-back reaction, even using a layup to break the record, does not surprise me. Diana is extremely humble in terms of her accomplishments.”

“It’s a mental thing. How could you play for Auriemma and not be mentally tough?” asked Taurasi, who starred on UConn’s NCAA championship teams in 2002, 2003 and 2004. “There’s a reason he’s been so successful. It’s a mentality. He taught certain habits and if you practice that, it’ll definitely help you in life.”

“She serves as an example of consistent excellence,” Robinson said. “This is something we often lose sight of: Diana has sustained a very high level of play for years. This is something we might never see again.”

And she explains the lean look:
Vegan with cheese burger! (just kidding ...Go look.)

“Her ball IQ is off the charts,” Robinson said. “She really studies the game. Diana does not have the same view as all the other players on the court. There’s just been so many moments where she makes the pass and you’re like, ‘How did she see that opening?’ ”

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Speaking of DT, I watched the Mercury/Wings OT game on ESPN2 where it was obvious to all how she kept inspiring new comer Monique Curry to take charge in the OT leading to a final much needed win (without BG) even when she was a big part of the 4th Quarter run

Then in the post game interview, when both were being interviewed by Holly Rowe, after 1 question, she ran away and said Holly should be asking Monique all the questions. (And Monique was aglow)

There is no better illustration of her character, leadership, true humility and value to a team. :D:cool:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
One of the Phoenix Championships, with DT as MVP, she is handed that trophy and says :"I don't care about that one; it's the other one I want." takes the Championship trophy and gives it a big (as only DT can) smooch.

Reaction Score
About DT another article comes along with food for thought AND it's from the NY Post, but traditionally it has been a leading sports rag.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/10/what-it-takes-to-become-the-greatest-scorer-in-wnba-history/

“She’s a team player,” said ESPN analyst LaChina Robinson. “Her sort of laid-back reaction, even using a layup to break the record, does not surprise me. Diana is extremely humble in terms of her accomplishments.”

“It’s a mental thing. How could you play for Auriemma and not be mentally tough?” asked Taurasi, who starred on UConn’s NCAA championship teams in 2002, 2003 and 2004. “There’s a reason he’s been so successful. It’s a mentality. He taught certain habits and if you practice that, it’ll definitely help you in life.”

“She serves as an example of consistent excellence,” Robinson said. “This is something we often lose sight of: Diana has sustained a very high level of play for years. This is something we might never see again.”

And she explains the lean look:
Vegan with cheese burger! (just kidding ...Go look.)

“Her ball IQ is off the charts,” Robinson said. “She really studies the game. Diana does not have the same view as all the other players on the court. There’s just been so many moments where she makes the pass you’re like, ‘How did she see that opening?’ ”
While I am prone to believe: There is no individual accomplishments that cannot be exceeded: It is very difficult to think there will ever be another DT or Maya--
DT is about BB, with Maya it's about BB and personality--a quiet I can get this done, DT broadcasts "I'll get this done".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom