Just When I Thought I Was Out | The Boneyard

Just When I Thought I Was Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This team, man. A week ago I would not have anticipated being this anxious before a UConn tournament game. But I'm nervous as duck. I don't think I've had butterflies before a game like this since the final four game against Florida. I really hope they avoid that thing where they have 4 points at the ten minute mark of the first half. Margin for error is pretty thin today.

Hope they hit a couple shots early to get some confidence and Miller wears a straightjacket playing defense.

Reaction Score
I'll be most nervous if we manage to have an 8-9 point lead inside 10 minutes. Trying to hold a lead and finish games is this team's Achilles' heel.

Reaction Score
I'll be most nervous if we manage to have an 8-9 point lead inside 10 minutes. Trying to hold a lead and finish games is this team's Achilles' heel.

I'd be more nervous if they were down 9 at that point.

Within 5 at the half with no foul trouble. Don't let them go off from beyond the arc.

Reaction Score
This team, man. A week ago I would not have anticipated being this anxious before a UConn tournament game. But I'm nervous as duck. I don't think I've had butterflies before a game like this since the final four game against Florida. I really hope they avoid that thing where they have 4 points at the ten minute mark of the first half. Margin for error is pretty thin today.

Hope they hit a couple shots early to get some confidence and Miller wears a straightjacket playing defense.
That's what I like to hear BigErn!

Reaction Score
Yeah can we please get off to a decent start and not be in foul trouble by the 15:00 mark? So many eyeballs on the tv for this one .

I have a feeling uconn is going to be ready to play though.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I really hope they do that thing where they have 4 points at the ten minute mark of the first half and win by 10 like they did in the Final Four against #1 seed Florida in 2014."
Fixed.....

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Are we capable of winning? Yes. But if we lose a tough game against the supposed best team in the country, so be it. I would be pissed if we lost to Colorado though.
On the other hand, if we can sneak this game out, boy does that open things up in the tournament for us.

Reaction Score
I've been saying the same thing about hitting shots early for confidence, Ern. Really hoping that comes to fruition.

Reaction Score
"We want to fight, and we want to be the first ones throwing punches , and if it's not good enough, it's not good enough. but we want to give them our 'A' basketball game, and we want to show up and really play CONNECTICUT style"- Kevin Ollie (on tonight's game against Kansas)

Anytime you are playing the best team in the country (Kansas) as proven this year....the opportunity that presents itself is unique especially with a Sweet16 birth on the line. The line is now 7.5 and looks like it might close there.

Reaction Score
You know Kansas fans haven't felt this nervous about a second round game as a 1 seed
That's not true. The Wichita State game was one they desperately wanted to avoid for so many reasons.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I am expecting 4 points in first 5 minutes. It is a given.

Then...in the end the Huskie will be in it. Either holding on or coming just short.

We winn 73-71

Reaction Score
I usually feel good going into the second half as long as we're not down double-digits

Reaction Score
I am sick and tired of people saying they wo have uld be happy if we hung in there and lost a close game. We are UConn and I expect to win! I will be pissed if we lose. We have everybody where we want them, thinking we are not that good. DiHAM will be the best player on the floor.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Scouting report on TUB says Kansas's problem is sometimes starting slow. I'll take a low scoring, close first half from both sides. Hopefully only 1 foul or so on Amida and Shonn so they get plenty of minutes. Keep it close in the second half, win at the free throw line, boom.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I am sick and tired of people saying they wo have uld be happy if we hung in there and lost a close game.

paPQarH.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3