Just watched Requiem for the Big East | The Boneyard

Just watched Requiem for the Big East

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wasn't UConn in the Big East Conference? I feel like I remember that. I feel like we may have gone to the Big East Tournament. Almost like some of the most memorable games involved us? I feel like no school ever won more BET championships than us (only Georgetown ties us). I feel like we even won a few National Championships there. More than any other member school.

But all that can't be true because according to ESPN we weren't there, apparently.

[/end pissy rant]

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Isn't that a bit ironic. Though we started off slowly, we ended up killing the Big East and owned it! So sad that the teams like Louisville and Syracuse and West Virginia and others ended up destroying this amazing conference! Politics suck!

Reaction Score
The worst of it was the high praise for "Syracuse's monumental achievement of winning four games in four days to win the tournament some year".

Reaction Score
If they renamed it "Requiem for the 1980s Big East" would you feel better?

That's what it was. Enjoy it. It was a fun doc.
That would make a whole lot more sense. The entire doc was about the G'Town Cuse rivalry. From the title you would assume it would be about the Big East and not just two teams, they completely left out the 90's and 2000's where UConn dominated.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If they renamed it "Requiem for the 1980s Big East" would you feel better?

That's what it was. Enjoy it. It was a fun doc.
Yes, yes I would. That was what what it was but not what it purported to be. They went right up to the break up. Hell I would have taken a couple of throw away lines about "UConn carried the league banner through the 90s...."

I wouldn't have minded if they acknowledged ESPN's role in the evisceration of the Big East. They allude to it briefly, but it gets lost in the "the Big East should have taken our offer. They got greedy and it cost them narrative."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom