Just took a quick look at the Pistons/Lakers box | The Boneyard

Just took a quick look at the Pistons/Lakers box

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
in the 1st quarter. Andre has played 6 minutes. Only 2 points, but 6 boards. Oops, make it 4 points and 7 boards in 6 minutes.

Reaction Score
Drummond sitting on 18 and 15 vs the lakers... The lakers last two top five picks won't sniff the potential that #9 pick dre has. Got to get lucky when you are tanking to be in a year with good talent . For instance this year (2016) will pale in comparison to the 2017 IMO . Labissirie and simmons don't make me jump out my socks the way Giles Jackson and Tatum do.

Reaction Score
Drummond sitting on 18 and 15 vs the lakers... The lakers last two top five picks won't sniff the potential that #9 pick dre has. Got to get lucky when you are tanking to be in a year with good talent . For instance this year (2016) will pale in comparison to the 2017 IMO . Labissirie and simmons don't make me jump out my socks the way Giles Jackson and Tatum do.
Simmons is better than all three of them. Kid is probablythe best player in college

Reaction Score
Simmons is better than all three of them. Kid is probablythe best player in college
I disagree vehemently . Simmons best trait is rebounding and vision for size . Whose a better rebounder ? Him or dre ? And if the argument is about 2016 v 2017 I'll take Jackson and Giles over him .

Reaction Score
Drummond was slightly below his season averages because the Lakers are so bad and Pistons only needed Dre for 24 minutes. Kobe is the worst player in the league now and it cracks me up how he is destroying any chance the Lakers have at player development.

Reaction Score
I disagree vehemently . Simmons best trait is rebounding and vision for size . Whose a better rebounder ? Him or dre ? And if the argument is about 2016 v 2017 I'll take Jackson and Giles over him .
Well obviously Andre is a better rebounder because he is 6'11 280 and a Center. Simmons is 18 averaging 20pfs 15rebs and 6assists when everone knows he is the star. Giles has had 2 knee operations too. And even though I think Josh Jackson will be great when he gets to college, He won't put up the numbers Simmons is now

Reaction Score
Well obviously Andre is a better rebounder because he is 6'11 280 and a Center. Simmons is 18 averaging 20pfs 15rebs and 6assists when everone knows he is the star. Giles has had 2 knee operations too. And even though I think Josh Jackson will be great when he gets to college, He won't put up the numbers Simmons is now
Jackson is a better prospect than Simmons, I like Simmons but with his lack of jumper his game is going to be hampered alot. NBA defenses are too good and he won't be able to sit up top and survey defenses before making rim runs like he currently does in college. Julius Randle provides a good glimpse into the type of problems Simmons is going to run into at the next level as far as scoring.

Reaction Score
Jackson is a better prospect than Simmons, I like Simmons but with his lack of jumper his game is going to be hampered alot. NBA defenses are too good and he won't be able to sit up top and survey defenses before making rim runs like he currently does in college. Julius Randle provides a good glimpse into the type of problems Simmons is going to run into at the next level as far as scoring.
Jackson is an inconsistent shooter too. Simmons is a better rebounder, facilitator and finisher. They are different kinds of players but Jackson's best attribute is probably his defense, which has been raved about. And also unlike Randle, Simmons has a good looking jumper and has potential in that area, just needs to develop it more

Reaction Score
Jackson is an inconsistent shooter too. Simmons is a better rebounder, facilitator and finisher. They are different kinds of players but Jackson's best attribute is probably his defense, which has been raved about. And also unlike Randle, Simmons has a good looking jumper and has potential in that area, just needs to develop it more
Simmons is a PF, he should be a better rebounder, and lmao @ you saying Simmons has a good looking jumper, do you not realize he doesn't have one? Writers have charted him shooting jumpers in warmups before games and he can't even hit them.

Reaction Score
Simmons is a PF, he should be a better rebounder, and lmao @ you saying Simmons has a good looking jumper, do you not realize he doesn't have one? Writers have charted him shooting jumpers in warmups before games and he can't even hit them.
What I've seen his jumper looks smooth, obviously it hasn't translated to good shooting at all, and i know that, just saying his form looks good and it has potential. How many people thought Blake Griffin and Boogie would be good outside shooters back when they were in college. The NBA will develop his outside game alot i think

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
What I've seen his jumper looks smooth, obviously it hasn't translated to good shooting at all, and i know that, just saying his form looks good and it has potential. How many people thought Blake Griffin and Boogie would be good outside shooters back when they were in college. The NBA will develop his outside game alot i think
But is Ben Simmons the type of athlete or talent those guys are? Plus he's kinda small to be a 4 at the NBA level

Reaction Score
Is he really 6'10 240? I don't think I've ever seen those measurements, and he definitely doesn't look it.
He is listed at 6'10 240 on draftxpress based on his measurements fromthe last camp. 6'10 225 on Espn and 247, and 6'10 240 on Wikipedia

Reaction Score
Somebody - maybe Givony - wrote about watching him make 2 out of around 30 uncontested threes before an LSU game last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom