Just renewed my season tickets... | The Boneyard

Just renewed my season tickets...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
...with the season ticket office. Talked with my personal rep who went over all benefits and options with me in a very clear and professional way. I was impressed. Made the deposit and got 2 free tickets to UConn/Yale Hockey this weekend (very cool; attended both schools, in-state rivalry).

I have to say that the overall package/experience was very good; made me feel good to renew. I'll definitely be looking into upgrading seats. Kudos to Athletic Director Dave; lots of good ideas in the package- additionall tics for friends/family for either Holy Cross or Tulsa, hockey tics for early deposit, Summer BBQ etc...

Excited again for UConn football. Can't wait for spring ball and next season.

GO DOGS!!!

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Greta to hear Rio.
I think another great thing for some fans is the payment plan they are offering. Allows some folks to upgrade and donate w/o having to cough up a big lump sum all at once.
Agreed.

Reaction Score
RioDog, do you come from rio or live in rio? I've been playing with the idea of spending some time down there. The reviews are mixed?

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
RioDog, do you come from rio or live in rio? I've been playing with the idea of spending some time down there. The reviews are mixed?
I'm married to a Carioca (a resident if Rio de Janeiro) and I lived there from 2010 to 2014. I've been visiting since the early 90's.
Pal answering your question is complicated. If you're talking about visiting as a tourist I would say this: If its your first international trip you might choose a less challenging destination. If you require the comforts and security (consistently) of a 1st world country, including honest police and reliable government services, then Rio may not be for you. Don't get me wrong; the city, particularly in the southern zone, delivers world-class services for tourists. This is what makes the question complicated. If you stay around your hotel and the local neighborhoods of the southern zone you'll be fine. If you're an adventurous type things get more complex. In that case you should absolutely travel with a guided group, but the effort will be worth it. Places you'll see around and outside the city (Paraty, Buzios and Petropolis are 3 must sees IMO) are amazing, beautiful and unique. The city itself visually is like no other. You could spend years discovering different things there. Urban scapes, mountains, rain forest and beaches combine to make Rio a one-of-a-kind city. One thing is for sure, you will not have an experience like visiting Rio anywhere else in the world. Feel free to PM me for more details and specific info if you're interested.

Reaction Score
Gonna wait to the spring game before making a decision. If the ones play the twos again, nope. If the OL can't open holes or provide pass protection, nope. I am gona be very critical this spring.

Reaction Score
I renewed my 3 lower level blueback seats last night at the Women's Basketball Reception. Very professional and quickly done. Hoping for a better year next year. Hope springs eternal! Got my two tickets to hockey game vs. Yale for this Saturday. I'll be there too. Really good benefits package.

Reaction Score
Wife saw the e-mail last week & deposited the $100.00 down payment with HER credit card. I printed out the free hockey tickets to the Yale game last night. As I have to work, am giving them to member of my tailgate crew. As I said in a previous thread, there was no question about my renewal.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Gonna wait to the spring game before making a decision. If the ones play the twos again, nope. If the OL can't open holes or provide pass protection, nope. I am gona be very critical this spring.
I hear ya. The quality of the Oline is a serious question. One thing is for sure; Randy will have those guys playing with a level of toughness not seen under Diaco. I dunno how much he can develop that this off season, but those guys better be ready to strap it up (watching the ND video where our Oline basically pounded them into submission would be instructive). HCRE will demand that kind of relentless toughness. Those unwilling or unrepaired to bring it will be sitting on the sideline or gone. I think the players tried hard under Diaco until the last few games. I truly believe they'll respond to HCRE and bring a ton of effort. Net result? Who can say? But I'm excited to be witness to the evolution.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Not a shot of renewing if Diaco stayed (I would buy single game tickets on secondary market). Just put down deposit to renew. Go Huskies!
Yup. I emailed the AD that as long as Diaco was in the stadium I wouldn't be. I was happy email him congrats on finding the means to get rid of him.

Reaction Score
Care to expand on why you would make your decision based on the format of the spring game? Just curious.

Reaction Score
I'm married to a Carioca (a resident if Rio de Janeiro) and I lived there from 2010 to 2014. I've been visiting since the early 90's.
Pal answering your question is complicated. If you're talking about visiting as a tourist I would say this: If its your first international trip you might choose a less challenging destination. If you require the comforts and security (consistently) of a 1st world country, including honest police and reliable government services, then Rio may not be for you. Don't get me wrong; the city, particularly in the southern zone, delivers world-class services for tourists. This is what makes the question complicated. If you stay around your hotel and the local neighborhoods of the southern zone you'll be fine. If you're an adventurous type things get more complex. In that case you should absolutely travel with a guided group, but the effort will be worth it. Places you'll see around and outside the city (Paraty, Buzios and Petropolis are 3 must sees IMO) are amazing, beautiful and unique. The city itself visually is like no other. You could spend years discovering different things there. Urban scapes, mountains, rain forest and beaches combine to make Rio a one-of-a-kind city. One thing is for sure, you will not have an experience like visiting Rio anywhere else in the world. Feel free to PM me for more details and specific info if you're interested.

The question is not, can Palatine handle Rio, it is can Rio handle Palatine. I see HBO documentary written all over his visit. :)

Reaction Score
Care to expand on why you would make your decision based on the format of the spring game? Just curious.
Diaco did that to conceal the fact that the OL still could not get out of their own way after 2.5 years of being "fixed".

Reaction Score
The question is not, can Palatine handle Rio, it is can Rio handle Palatine. I see HBO documentary written all over his visit. :)
On the next episode of VICE... Palatine visits Vila Cruzeiro,.... and, it's no coincidence that you can't spell Palatine without using the letters Lapa!

Reaction Score
Just put my deposit down. Upgrading from the top of the rent the past 2 seasons to preferred for this year.

Tickets for the hockey game are going quick. They're starting to open the lower 200s on the sides and the upper corners are filling quick.

I highly suggest going if you're on the fence/not a hockey guy/haven't watched hockey since whaler days.
Give the tickets away or head over to hockey board and give away /sell. I'm sure people will use them.

College hockey is awesome! Place is gonna fill up. The sellout vs BC was LOUD and a great time.

Sat should be a good one.

Reaction Score

Quite the fan, aren't you. I guess I am old school and believe a fan supports their team through the good times as well as the bad.

Reaction Score
Quite the fan, aren't you. I guess I am old school and believe a fan supports their team through the good times as well as the bad.
I don't waste my time with incompetence. You are right, I am not a fan by your definition. I do not blindly follow.

Reaction Score
Aspire just called me to ask me about renewing, etc. I said I'd already put down a deposit, which seemed to surprise her -- you'd think she'd check. She asked if I had any questions. I said "Yeah who are the new coordinators gonna be." She apparently doesn't know.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Thanks - I didn't get that at all either

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Diaco did that to conceal the fact that the OL still could not get out of their own way after 2.5 years of being "fixed".
So all coaches who play the "A's v B's" do it to hide something or was this just a Diaco thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom