Just my opinion about the music threads | The Boneyard

Just my opinion about the music threads

Reaction Score
I enjoy the music threads and participate in them. At noon today five of the first six threads were music threads which may be a little much. One music thread was recently banished to the Entertainment forum. I have the feeling if the music threads continue to dominate our women’s board they may be moved and I’d prefer to see them remain here with our fine group of posters. It’s a long off-season so why not try to space out some of these music threads,

Reaction Score
I enjoy the music threads and participate in them. At noon today five of the first six threads were music threads which may be a little much. One music thread was recently banished to the Entertainment forum. I have the feeling if the music threads continue to dominate our women’s board they may be moved and I’d prefer to see them remain here with our fine group of posters. It’s a long off-season so why not try to space out some of these music threads,
I thought they move this thread to the Entertainment form because its title ...:p

"OT: Songs about the Unfortunate Side of Life - Deaths, Divorces, Disasters, Drugs, Demons, all the bad stuff."

Reaction Score
Doesn't bother me, I like the variety of music topics in the off season.

And I'm with Kaizen on the reason for the banishment of the one thread - a bit too strong perhaps, but I was seeking something original and not touched on before. :p:p:D:D:p:p

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
This is just my opinion obviously, and I know the threads get a lot of posts so people obviously enjoy them but...

For me, I don't like them. Not only do they have zero to do with anything related to basketball, but they seem like they should be on the General Basketball Board, or entertainment board.

It mystifies me why WNBA threads get sent to the General board, when that holds way more interest for me, and IMHO, the general board should be about other schools only. It should be a place for other teams' fans to post stuff about their schools. WNBA stuff is almost always tangentially related to UCONN as we have so many alums in the league.

People sometimes get snarky (the BY police) when someone posts about a particular player who is no longer being pursued by UCONN, or has chosen another school (or former players who transferred out), but big time recruits are always of interest to me, as are all WNBA posts. Same goes for all the movement of players in the portal - even if barely related to UCONN hoopos specifically, it has way more to do with hoops than music or food threads.

Since I rarely venture to the General Board, I know it's on me, but I wish more interesting topics were left on the main UCONN board.

Anyway did not mean to ruffle any feathers (if i even did) - as I know lots of people genuinely enjoy the odd OT subjects here...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Since I rarely venture to the General Board, I know it's on me, but I wish more interesting topics were left on the main UCONN board.
I do like the music threads, but I really like music. (way more than basketball)

But I sorta agree with you on having Gen stuff on this board. I hated it when they split the board. (still hate it). Granted I'm lazy and don't like having to go through 2 boards to find stuff that interests me. Just wish we could have it all in one place.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I thought they move this thread to the Entertainment form because its title ...:p

" Songs about the Unfortunate Side of Life - Deaths, Divorces, Disasters, Drugs, Demons, all the bad stuff."
That hadn't occurred to me, but you and Scud are probably right. I did give the OP a like out of concern that with so many music threads, they'd be moved.

Reaction Score
totally agree, I ignore them completely. I'm here for basketball/sports discussion

Reaction Score
Just a reminder. If you click on the "UConn Women's Basketball Forum" at the top of the page, you will see this:
"This forum is for fans to discuss UConn's 11 National Championships; UConn women's basketball recruiting; Coach Geno Auriemma; music; trivia, etc."
I think the music threads qualify.

Reaction Score
I'd rather see the NIL threads dumped. Not basketball and none of our business.

Reaction Score
If it matters, which it probably does not, here's a vote to keep the music threads. In the really dead portions of the offseason, they give us a reason to stick around the BY and an opportunity to learn something about music (which I invariably do when I go on one of those threads). The alternative is people really veering into bizarre speculation about all sorts of basketball-related topics.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The music threads are post-season only. As long as people enjoy them they can stay. It’s easy enough to skip threads that don’t interest you.

But I sorta agree with you on having Gen stuff on this board. I hated it when they split the board. (still hate it). Granted I'm lazy and don't like having to go through 2 boards to find stuff that interests me. Just wish we could have it all in one place.
We’re able to host a site for fans that don’t have a forum as active as the Boneyard. We also have interactions among fans of all conferences that get pretty interesting. There’s enough activity on the General board that would make it hard to find the UConn only posts among the mass,or, what had been happening previously, threads about UConn players turned into threads about players on other teams.

I knew someone would be unhappy with the split or if without it so I just went with my gut. This is my shocked face :eek: that you’re one of the unhappy ones

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Glad people are sharing their opinions and thoughts on the music threads

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
If it matters, which it probably does not, here's a vote to keep the music threads. In the really dead portions of the offseason, they give us a reason to stick around the BY and an opportunity to learn something about music (which I invariably do when I go on one of those threads). The alternative is people really veering into bizarre speculation about all sorts of basketball-related topics.
Clicks for any topic provides revenue for the board. Click for music threads provide quite few clicks.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
My “contrabassoon” thread was eliminated from this board. A blatant display of instrument discrimination.
I recently saw a performance of the Rite of Spring that had TWO contrabassoons. I'd never seen that before.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
The music threads are post-season only. As long as people enjoy them they can stay. It’s easy enough to skip threads that don’t interest you.

We’re able to host a site for fans that don’t have a forum as active as the Boneyard. We also have interactions among fans of all conferences that get pretty interesting. There’s enough activity on the General board that would make it hard to find the UConn only posts among the mass,or, what had been happening previously, threads about UConn players turned into threads about players on other teams.

I knew someone would be unhappy with the split or if without it so I just went with my gut. This is my shocked face :eek: that you’re one of the unhappy ones
So a couple of “for what it’s worth”s:

I enjoy and participate in the music threads, but the OP makes a good point that when there are a lot of them it takes away their novelty a little bit.

I make pretty liberal use of the “ignore thread” function. There is a ton of stuff on the Boneyard in general in the women’s basketball team form in particular. To the extent that all the new topics don’t interest you and clutter the forum, in your opinion, use the ignore thread function to cull them down. The Boneyard has a lot of customization features. You can make it relatively specific to your interests. (A general comment not named at any particular poster.)

My “gateway“ to the various forms is through the what’s new function. It doesn’t distinguish between any of the boards. So, if you want to see material that is on the general women’s basketball sub forum, using the what’s new function will do that for you without having to make a separate trip to that particular forum.

JS

Reaction Score
My “contrabassoon” thread was eliminated from this board. A blatant display of instrument discrimination.
We thought you were against buffoons. Way out of place for this board.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
We thought you were against buffoons. Way out of place for this board.
I thought she was referring to the 19th century primate revolution led by the Contra Baboons.
1651765280639.jpeg

While they were incredibly dedicated and brave under fire, their ill-fated rebellion ultimately failed. Most of the group disbanded and returned to the jungles, but a few served with distinction in World War I.

AA947269-6F50-4F3A-B217-B19ED2DAD50C.jpeg

Though history remembers the rebellion largely favorably, when it remembers it at all, it still can be a divisive political issue and thus probably not suitable for The Boneyard.

UHF

Reaction Score
So, a new OT thread with music in the title was created to complain about music threads.

;) :D:p:cool:

I am not a fan of "player tbd was awesome in a preseason game" threads and thus I do not read them.

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
I'm not a fan of the OT music threads on the boneyard because I don't know who the hell Lawrence Welk is. Also, where did all the OT obituary threads go? I liked them. People are still dying, aren't they?

UHF

Reaction Score
The music threads are post-season only. As long as people enjoy them they can stay. It’s easy enough to skip threads that don’t interest you . . . .

Effective yet underutilized concept in forums, media, and social media.

Reaction Score
I think our music threads - besides helping to expose each other to varying genres of music, they really help pass the time and reduce the pain of no UCONN basketball. When I first joined the Boneyard, it was for UCONN basketball talk and information of course, but these music threads have proven to be a great extra added bonus during the off season. :)

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
So a couple of “for what it’s worth”s:

I enjoy and participate in the music threads, but the OP makes a good point that when there are a lot of them it takes away their novelty a little bit.

I make pretty liberal use of the “ignore thread” function. There is a ton of stuff on the Boneyard in general in the women’s basketball team form in particular. To the extent that all the new topics don’t interest you and clutter the forum, in your opinion, use the ignore thread function to cull them down. The Boneyard has a lot of customization features. You can make it relatively specific to your interests. (A general comment not named at any particular poster.)

My “gateway“ to the various forms is through the what’s new function. It doesn’t distinguish between any of the boards. So, if you want to see material that is on the general women’s basketball sub forum, using the what’s new function will do that for you without having to make a separate trip to that particular forum.

:)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom