Just gotta tip your hat | The Boneyard

Just gotta tip your hat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kansas played like the best team in the country. Dominant performance by them all around. Their depth is incredible and will be their biggest strength for the rest of the tournament. A couple questionable no calls but that wasn't the difference. Just excellent execution by the Jayhawks on offense, defense, and the coaching staff.

I'm proud of the way UConn came out in the 2nd half. The team could have packed it in, but KO didn't let them quit. UConn basketball has a lot of pride and they showed that on the court.

Lastly, congrats to Omar, Phil, Shonn, and Sterling on great college careers!

Reaction Score
They were actually much better than I thought they were. Coming in I thought Shonn and Ellis were pretty much even, and that we'd have an advantage at the 5 and with Purvis. Ellis is soooooo much better than I thought he was, Lucas was a major factor down low (Commit more dumb fouls, Amida) and their guards were pretty much on par with ours. But what I really liked about them is how balanced they were. At pretty much all times, they had 4 threats on the court who could hurt you. I would think they are the heavy fave to win it.

Reaction Score
It hurt a little bit to hear about how big a UConn fan Selden was, and how he dreamed of playing for UConn.

Freakin Emmert!!

Reaction Score
They were actually much better than I thought they were. Coming in I thought Shonn and Ellis were pretty much even, and that we'd have an advantage at the 5 and with Purvis. Ellis is soooooo much better than I thought he was, Lucas was a major factor down low (Commit more dumb fouls, Amida) and their guards were pretty much on par (if not better) than ours. But what I really liked about them is how balanced they were. At pretty much all times, they had 4 threats on the court who could hurt you. I would think they are the heavy fave to win it.

Reaction Score
They were actually much better than I thought they were. Coming in I thought Shonn and Ellis were pretty much even, and that we'd have an advantage at the 5 and with Purvis. Ellis is soooooo much better than I thought he was, Lucas was a major factor down low (Commit more dumb fouls, Amida) and their guards were pretty much on par with ours. But what I really liked about them is how balanced they were. At pretty much all times, they had 4 threats on the court who could hurt you. I would think they are the heavy fave to win it.

I knew Ellis had a polished low post game, but his athleticism and ability to hit 3's was new to me. I was impressed with Graham. I knew Selden and Mason were solid players going in, but Graham surprised me. He's a heck of a player. Also, the annoucers touched on the teams leadership at the end and they are 100% right. Graham is the vocal leader. Ellis and Mason are the steady, level headed guys you need. Selden is the talented emotional leader. That plus all the young talent on that team and I don't see them losing this tournament.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
they played good

butt we didn't

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
It hurt a little bit to hear about how big a UConn fan Selden was, and how he dreamed of playing for UConn.

Freakin Emmert!!
Yeah , I heard that and he changed his mind at a Kansas first night. So he loved Uconn growing up but suddenly changed his mind at a Kansas first night. Doesn't sound right.
Probably the sanctions

Last edited:

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
We didn't play well in the first half. They were about perfect.
We outscored them by 12 in the second half.
I would have been really bummed if they didn't improve after halftime. But they came out fighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom