Just for fun. | The Boneyard

Just for fun.

Reaction Score
Trevardo Williams is on there twice, and all it does is rank them by their composite ranking, not "someone"'s ranking.

Also includes guys that never played here like Jordan Fuchs, and misspells the name of our highest ranked recruit.

Not sure what kind of perspective this gives us, other than UConn landed nothing but 2 and 3 star players (or lower).

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
Not sure what kind of perspective this gives us, other than UConn landed nothing but 2 and 3 star players (or lower).

that's exactly the point - basically that we ought to trust HCRE since he's done less with more

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
So in other words, Diaco recruited only 1 of the top 25 recruits we've had (De George), even though he was a Broyles Award winning Notre Dame DC with loads of vitamin D... :confused:

Reaction Score
Trevardo Williams is on there twice, and all it does is rank them by their composite ranking, not "someone"'s ranking.

Also includes guys that never played here like Jordan Fuchs, and misspells the name of our highest ranked recruit.

Should have a Games Started for UConn column!

Reaction Score
It's not until you get to number five that you find a player that made a contribution.

Reaction Score
It's not until you get to number five that you find a player that made a contribution.

Well, neither Miller nor Jasudowich ever played a snap for UConn. Difton flunked out after 1 year and I’d argue Kanuch made a contribution over the course of his career.

Still searching for perspective.

Reaction Score
Well, neither Miller nor Jasudowich ever played a snap for UConn. Difton flunked out after 1 year and I’d argue Kanuch made a contribution over the course of his career.

Still searching for perspective.
Nothing against Brad. I like him as a player, good speed. He made 75 catches in his UConn career, that is 18 a year. It's a contribution but a small one.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Dallas.... he was from Florida.

Kenny Tinney. Those were heady days.

Carrezola listed as a TE and McQuillan listed as a DE made the click pay off.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I’m sure it offers some perspective I just don’t know what that perspective is.

Durr ranking and offers are meaningless and you can totally win football games in the American with a CAA wresting roster.

I made the mistake of looking at @Exit 4 's spreadsheet. Straight up - any combination of Boneyard posters could have recruited better classes than Diaco did.

You could make a Google Alert for the MAC football teams and just call every kid that committed to a MAC school the last 4 years and flip enough to beat a Diaco team by 3 touchdowns.

Reaction Score
that's exactly the point - basically that we ought to trust HCRE since he's done less with more
Uhhh, I think you mean more with less. I've made that point often, and I agree with it, but I don't think this list tells us anything at all.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Did ya miss poor Ryan VanDemark listed twice - once tied @ #180 and then again @ #231. Sure glad we got the higher rated one :confused:

I was actually going to point that out.

It’s fun in looking back at names we haven’t seen forever.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Durr ranking and offers are meaningless and you can totally win football games in the American with a CAA wresting roster.

I made the mistake of looking at @Exit 4 's spreadsheet. Straight up - any combination of Boneyard posters could have recruited better classes than Diaco did.

You could make a Google Alert for the MAC football teams and just call every kid that committed to a MAC school the last 4 years and flip enough to beat a Diaco team by 3 touchdowns.
As he was sipping on his second glass of Chardonnay.....at an Alumni event in Stamford back in 2014/2015?, Diaco told a friend of mine and I flat out when we were questioning his recruiting to his face..."High 3 star and up quality players are not coming here so I am not wasting my time. We both knew at that point that he was not going to be around for long. In a way it was funny...because some old fart overheard and laid into him a bit. BD had that deer in a headlight look.
He still chatted with me at the radio shows after that day..

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
As he was sipping on his second glass of Chardonnay.....at an Alumni event in Stamford back in 2014/2015?, Diaco told a friend of mine and I flat out when we were questioning his recruiting to his face..."High 3 star and up quality players are not coming here so I am not wasting my time. We both knew at that point that he was not going to be around for long. In a way it was funny...because some old fart overheard and laid into him a bit. BD had that deer in a headlight look.

Lord knows there is nothing between high 3 star players and Maine’s class.

Reaction Score
now this is insight you won't get anywhere else. Diaco didn't believe his own BS, and thus coined BS terms like RKG.

God Warde, were you totally mesmerized by his eyes during the interview?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
now this is insight you won't get anywhere else. Diaco didn't believe his own BS, and thus coined BS terms like RKG.

God Warde, were you totally mesmerized by his eyes during the interview?

Didn’t Diaco spend his first year handing out offers to 5-star recruits who we had no shot at landing before overcorrecting to the whole “ratings don’t matter” RKG thing?

Reaction Score
Didn’t Diaco spend his first year handing out offers to 5-star recruits who we had no shot at landing before overcorrecting to the whole “ratings don’t matter” RKG thing?

Every coach hands out offers to kids they have no shot in hell landing - it’s in their DNA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom