Just back from Devilville | The Boneyard

Just back from Devilville

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
I had some business to attend to that included spending some time on the Dukies campus (very impressive). I'm not sure what I enjoyed more, wearing the 'twin championship' 2004 tee shirt on their campus or cheering for the sox in the restaurant bar, surrounded by Yankee fans.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
I used to have a picture of Festus, my Labrador Retriever, taking a dump right in front of the Duke University sign. I loved that dog!

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I used to have a picture of Festus, my Labrador Retriever, taking a dump right in front of the Duke University sign. I loved that dog!
I have a pic pretending to pee on it

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
When you see crap like this it means a lot of envy is building up. Cheers

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
There is a little more Duke has to offer outside of basketball. I have not seen any
put downs here for NC State,Wake, Clemson, Auburn none are a threat to you.

Uconnrick

Reaction Score
If your in the right mood, Tucker Max is hilarious. Check out the Miss Vermont story.

BTW Wes, the reason you don't see us mention the other schools you mentioned is that their fans are nowhere near as pretentious as most Dukies.

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
So this must put us in the same boat with Stanford, Notre Dame, Tenn. and a few others that give you a present or future threat
to your program. I and most Devils have great respect for your team -coach-recordssss there will be more. Cheers

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
So this must put us in the same boat with Stanford, Notre Dame, Tenn. and a few others that give you a present or future threat
to your program. I and most Devils have great respect for your team -coach-recordssss there will be more. Cheers

After reading the responses to this thread I started (perhaps as a 'Devil's Advocate'), I am really sorry now I wasn't able to meet up with you on campus. We surely could have debated the premise that Duke is in the same league as Stanford, Notre Dame & Tenn :)

Let's compare notes after we play again.

Uconnrick

Reaction Score
Odd that all the teams you mentioned all have at least 1 National Championship to their name, thanks for making my point for me:)

It takes more than great recruiting to win it all and so far, Duke hasn't been able to put all the pieces together to do so. Once you manage to win one, you will be in the same boat as those programs. Win 4 or 5 and you'll be in the same boat as UConn.

Like you, we UConn fans appreciate schools like Duke that make the commitment to WCBB and want Duke to do well........until they meet us.

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
My point was never National Championships but that you don't talk crap about schools unless they are competitive to you
in some manner. Guess this could be your way of paying a compliment, rather than felling a little envy or threat.

Uconnrick

Reaction Score
My point was never National Championships but that you don't talk crap about schools unless they are competitive to you
in some manner. Guess this could be your way of paying a compliment, rather than felling a little envy or threat.
To be precise, I wasn't talking crap, I was actually photographing it (see prior post). Back when Festus was still kickin, it was the Dukie mens program that PO'd me, hence, the picture. I'm out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom