Just a Thought.... | The Boneyard

Just a Thought....

Reaction Score
A lot of depends on who plays, and who doesn't. I thought all the teams that do not play will be disadvantaged going into next season. You can work out all you want, but game competition is the best teacher, and developmental tool. That being said, let me throw this out there. The NCAA should pass legislation to allow any team that did not play in the fall, to schedule a few (thinking 3, but pick a number) exhibition games in the spring. This obviously is based on covid-19 under control (vaccine?). These games can be attended by fans (again covid contingent), with low ticket prices, and with an opportunity to make a direct donation into the schools athletic fund. This would serve as a developmental tool for players, and a mini fundraiser for the athletic department. The games should be balanced, so if 4 games (2 home 2 away). think this would be a win/win for coaches, fans, players, budget, etc.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
A lot of depends on who plays, and who doesn't. I thought all the teams that do not play will be disadvantaged going into next season. You can work out all you want, but game competition is the best teacher, and developmental tool. That being said, let me throw this out there. The NCAA should pass legislation to allow any team that did not play in the fall, to schedule a few (thinking 3, but pick a number) exhibition games in the spring. This obviously is based on covid-19 under control (vaccine?). These games can be attended by fans (again covid contingent), with low ticket prices, and with an opportunity to make a direct donation into the schools athletic fund. This would serve as a developmental tool for players, and a mini fundraiser for the athletic department. The games should be balanced, so if 4 games (2 home 2 away). think this would be a win/win for coaches, fans, players, budget, etc.

I'm with you in the general sense that the NCAA needs some special accommodations and fast for teams that don't play this fall.

Maybe this has been addressed already in some capacity, I haven't really looked - but they need to:

i) let teams that cancel gall games practice the same number of hours this fall as if they had a regular season.
ii) give latitude for teams to do 2 or 3 spring exhibition games - but only for those schools that skip fall games.

COVid will have to be under much better control to have spring games of course.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro
Top Bottom