Just a thought... | The Boneyard

Just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
I know this site depends on advertising to stay alive but aren't the ads with scantily-clad young women a tad inappropriate for a WCBB message board?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What I've noticed is that if I googled insurance, I see insurance ads, likewise a cell phone I see AT&T ads. What you been googleing? ;)
"scantily clad young women" , apparently. ;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not infrequently the discussion on the men's board quotes Coach Ollie's statement of commitment that players need to be "ten toes in." It resulted in a toe fungus treatment ad popping up with a particularly nasty picture.

Everything you put on the internet is dumped in the database on you. Gives one pause for thought doesn't it?

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Can someone tell them to stop trying to sell me hybrid golf clubs?

I have more than I need already!

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
No ,but apparently, according to a jury of my peers, I have. :(
Hey Yank, no worries, if we were all judged by a boneyard jury for our searches/popups, we would all be found guilty, especially yours truly.

Reaction Score
20 Years ago it was "high tech" marketing that the ads in my Sports Illustrated magazine were different from the ads in the Sports Illustrated delivered (by mail) to my neighbor, based on our shopping habits. Recently I searched online for, and ordered, aftermarket ink for my HP printer. Now I get ads on the BY displaying not only the availability of aftermarket printer ink, but the pics show the exact part number that I ordered.

Reaction Score
Until this post I never noticed the ads. I always found the topics more interesting, I guess. Now my eyes will be drawn to the ads looking for "scantily" clad young women. Thanks a lot!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Until this post I never noticed the ads. I always found the topics more interesting, I guess. Now my eyes will be drawn to the ads looking for "scantily" clad young women. Thanks a lot!
I agree, I don't really notice the ads much.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
I know this site depends on advertising to stay alive but aren't the ads with scantily-clad young women a tad inappropriate for a WCBB message board?
Sorry, even with Hugh Hefner gone, my decaying memory is warning me not to say anything negative about "scantily clad young women."

temery

What?
Reaction Score

Click the arrow at the top right of an ad to control which ads you see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom