Just a few thoughts. | The Boneyard

Just a few thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Notre Dame had a little difficulty putting Villanova away last night. Diggins played all 40 minutes. ND had four starters in double digit scoring, but zero from the fifth starter and zero more off the bench. hmmmm.

I posted a couple weeks ago that we then had three players "in the zone" (playing up to their capabilties): Stefanie, Kaleena, and Kelly. A few others were "on the cusp," which was to say a little bit short of expecations: Bria, Breanna, Brianna, Moriah and Kiah. For various reasons, I did not include Morgan, Heather or Caroline in either category at that time.

Regrettably, I must now drop Brianna but am delighted to confidently add Bria to the "in the zone" category. I expect Breanna to be next.

I confess I don't completely grasp the distinctions betweeen a shooter, a scorer, and then "pure" shooter. All I know for sure is that Kaleena can sure put that ball in that bucket. And in lots of ways from lots of places.

Last thought. Matchups are the vital key to basketball strategy (assuming reasonable shooting, etc.) The fast break is used to get the defenders outnumbered (and on their heels). The basic pick and roll is designed as a means to get someone like Dolson being guarded by one of those itty-bitty guards. Or to get Bria or Moriah guarded by some big slowpoke. More on this later, as Baylor gets closer to Hartford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom