Jurich Schools Manuel/Herbst | The Boneyard

Jurich Schools Manuel/Herbst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That is a little self serving because it makes himself look even better. But even if a little bit true and this gets some traction, Herbst and Manuel have more egg on their face than originally thought. Epic fail.

Reaction Score
Just like I stated in prior posts.

This is completely accurate and further evidence that UCONN was asleep at the wheel. They thought they were a shoo in and got completley outmanuevered.

Reaction Score
It's an embarrassment, I already figured Manuel was clueless but Susan looks horrible here. My guess is she was positive we were going to the ACC and even gave Aresco a heads up. Our leadership sucks right now.

Reaction Score
It's an embarrassment, I already figured Manuel was clueless but Susan looks horrible here. My guess is she was positive we were going to the ACC and even gave Aresco a heads up. Our leadership sucks right now.
This certainly makes sense given the lack of any UConn references during Aresco's presser.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
This just makes it all the more painful. I really hope Warde and Susan didn't get so horribly outmaneuvered this situation but it sure seems like there is evidence to the contrary.

Reaction Score
This reeks of bull$hit. Looking back at it now, UConn never seemed to be the choice from the very beginning. I think people assumed we were in a much better place than we ever were.

Louisville is the sexy choice right now, and with everyone in the ACC scrambling to keep FSU happy, seems to me it was probably Louisville from the very beginning.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
we were penned in until the acc/espn found out we had a better pen

Reaction Score
I honestly think when it comes down to it the reason we did not get in is that the ACC had an awful football year in which two teams perceived to be very strong (before their final regular season game) - FSU and Clemson - were not even in the BCS discussion because of the pathetic SOS/computer numbers of the ACC.

ACC therefore felt they really needed to strengthen their football side and UL has a higher ceiling in football than we do.

Unfortunately, this all goes to show the fickleness of conference expansion. If ACC expansion happened in September we would have been in. It's not just us - I remember when Colorado and Colorado State had a formidable rivalry, there were whispers that the Pac 10 would take those schools if it ever expanded. Colorado State then got pretty weak and Utah got strong. We know what happened.

C

Chief00

At least Warde was enjoying himself in the Virgin Islands when he got out maneuvered

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I wonder how much national perception played into this. I know most of us here were taken back by the overwhelming community support for Louisville. It just seemed to snowball and grow with every talking head bouncing it around the echo chamber. Somehow as it started to play out, adding Uconn was commonly believed to be a catalyst event for ACC implosion.

Maybe some of the decision, even if a small part of it, was to prevent boosters and fans of every acc program hitting their collective panic buttons. Louisville, similarly emerged as the common ACC man's band aid. Even if they weren't truly the stitches to hold the ACC fabric together, the fact that many believe them to be is a self fulfilling prophecy.

Reaction Score
I think we definitely had a shot at getting added. They may have preferred Louisville from the beginning, but it couldn't have been by much. These university president types think very highly of themselves and I think there's probably a few of them that wanted to see a dog and pony show and by all accounts Louisville's was better. That could have been the difference, but who knows. It's also possible they were just worried the B12 would snag Louisville, and Cinci and then the ACC would be stuck with UConn as the only decent program left if they're raided and need to add a few more teams.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
OkaForPrez and mattp with rational, plausible posts... but will be ignored by the mob with pitchforks looking to hang someone, anyone...

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
How long was Herbst in the Virgin Islands? Was it over a week?

Reaction Score
How long was Herbst in the Virgin Islands? Was it over a week?

I don't really have a problem with the trip to the Virgin Islands. I think it shows support for the athletic department and I think if she called everyone from the Virgin Islands it would kind of say "hey look, people want us to play in their exotic tournaments, we're desirable" as opposed to calling from a frantic board room. Now while there she should have had propaganda sent out demonstrating what a good academic and athletic fit we'd be and it would show that we really wanted in the conference and were willing to work for it as opposed to feeling entitled to it. New clients or prospective girlfriends like to be wooed even if you think it's in the bag. Maybe they did that stuff, but it sounds like she did nothing but call people to say she'll accept an invite. I don't know if that would have made a difference, but you only probably have to win over another vote or two.

Reaction Score
It should have been our first clue that WM was not up to the task when they ran out of football poster/calendars and programs at the spring game. This "rockstar" should have got this ACC deal done, its on him and Susan, it happened on their watch, no excuses.

How is that 2014 football schedule coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom