JUCO | The Boneyard

JUCO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Can they add a JUCO player or two? Legit question here.. thanks my fellow byards!

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I dunno if we want to go panic mode (yet) and get a JUCO to limit our scholarship flexibility. Let the freshman play, should theoretically help us down the road. Then bring in another big freshman class next season.

Reaction Score
I dunno if we want to go panic mode (yet) and get a JUCO to limit our scholarship flexibility. Let the freshman play, should theoretically help us down the road. Then bring in another big freshman class next season.

Yeah cause Hamidou is really gonna turn down an offer from Calimari and UK for a game like tonight :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Do we need a large person down low, I don't know who is coming as a rebounder and inside scorer but we need 2-3 guys like that, like Fanning from BU today? Seriously.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Yeah cause Hamidou is really gonna turn down an offer from Calimari and UK for a game like tonight :rolleyes:
I personally like the idea of bringing in 3-5 guys that are highly touted but still have a good chance to stick around for 3-4 years. I would do that and only that every year if we could. Not dependent on Hamidou or the like coming but it certainly would be a nice big cherry on top.
There's something about having a good deep veteran team going up against good teams that have one and dones. (2014 vs Kentucky was maybe the most satisfying win ever).

Reaction Score
I personally like the idea of bringing in 3-5 guys that are highly touted but still have a good chance to stick around for 3-4 years. I would do that and only that every year if we could. Not dependent on Hamidou or the like coming but it certainly would be a nice big cherry on top.
There's something about having a good deep veteran team going up against good teams that have one and dones. (2014 vs Kentucky was maybe the most satisfying win ever).

Well you may end up with your wish. And more! We may begin to bring guys in who will never go to the NBA because of this season, our conference, our football team and our coaching. 3 star recruits...maybe a few 4 here and there.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Well you may end up with your wish. And more! We may begin to bring guys in who will never go to the NBA because of this season, our conference, our football team and our coaching. 3 star recruits...maybe a few 4 here and there.
Well we were never a program to get one and done players. We traditionally have recruited mostly 4 star recruits, with the occasional 5 and it's worked out. Let's give it a little time. This freshman class we have still is undeniably loaded with potential, and Ollie is bringing in at least 3 more very solid recruits next season.
A large reason why we are not very good this year is because we were depending on our senior class to be reliable and much improved, who have in turn stayed the same or regressed over the course of their career.

Reaction Score
Well we were never a program to get one and done players. We traditionally have recruited mostly 4 star recruits, with the occasional 5 and it's worked out. Let's give it a little time. This freshman class we have still is undeniably loaded with potential, and Ollie is bringing in at least 3 more very solid recruits next season.
A large reason why we are not very good this year is because we were depending on our senior class to be reliable and much improved, who have in turn stayed the same or regressed over the course of their career.

Players rarely improve greatly and/or get stronger in the off season unfortunately as we all hope they will. For most players, what you see freshman year is what you get then they are a senior with a slight improvement.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Players rarely improve greatly and/or get stronger in the off season unfortunately as we all hope they will. For most players, what you see freshman year is what you get then they are a senior with a slight improvement.
I disagree. I can tell you with certainty that we've never had a class of players like Brimah, Facey and Purvis who have truly not improved in any significant matter since their first season in terms of production, leadership and consistency.
You can look at almost any player in the history of college basketball and statistically they have improved to an extent, and naturally gain more leadership value to the team. Our 3 seniors, god bless them, have not noticeably improved statistically or in terms of consistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom