OT: - JR Smith going to college-Because of a talk with Ray Allen | The Boneyard

OT: JR Smith going to college-Because of a talk with Ray Allen

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

"At the pro-am at the Wyndham Championship in Greensboro, North Carolina, Smith told reporters Wednesday he decided to go back to school after a conversation with Basketball Hall of Famer Ray Allen.

"Ray Allen kind of convinced me," Smith said Wednesday at the golf event. "We had a little golf trip in [the Dominican Republic] and he was talking about some of the things he was doing, about going back to school and challenging yourself for us athletes. I really took heed to it and decided to go back -- and one of the best liberal studies programs is at A&T."

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

"At the pro-am at the Wyndham Championship in Greensboro, North Carolina, Smith told reporters Wednesday he decided to go back to school after a conversation with Basketball Hall of Famer Ray Allen.

"Ray Allen kind of convinced me," Smith said Wednesday at the golf event. "We had a little golf trip in [the Dominican Republic] and he was talking about some of the things he was doing, about going back to school and challenging yourself for us athletes. I really took heed to it and decided to go back -- and one of the best liberal studies programs is at A&T."

Challenging yourself and liberal studies programs rarely go hand in hand.

JK.

Good for him going back and keeping his brain active.

Reaction Score
The college route is what his high school coach thought was best for him years ago. He finally gets his way. Good luck, JR!

Reaction Score
If he actually attends classes in addition to the golf will be an incredible role model! For someone as wealthy as he is to go back to school is REALLY impressive.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom