Journal Inquirer 2019 UConn Football Preview Guide | The Boneyard

Journal Inquirer 2019 UConn Football Preview Guide

Reaction Score
It's not coming out until this afternoon. Deadline for today's paper is at 0900. Did they post it early in online?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Interesting observations from Neil’s chart;

-Pierce DeVaughn backing up Travis Jones as an interior DL. Of course, that becomes an edge DL if Kevon Jones or Dillon Harris drops back as a hybrid DE/LB.
-Dillon Harris not playing as a true 1. Could mean nothing in the end as he rotated in and ends up with with ton of snaps. If that is the case, probably the best defender we have not on the field at the start of the game.
-Messiah Turner moving from FS to back up Corner.
-Malik Banks playing back up to Coyle at FS. Hmmm, I hope he is fast enough.

Reaction Score
It may have been taken down. I was on page 7 and now the article is not found. I liked what I read to that point.

Reaction Score
It may have been taken down. I was on page 7 and now the article is not found. I liked what I read to that point.

I can still see it?
1567003799369.jpeg

Reaction Score
That is one small group of LBs!

Team is still very young.

Reaction Score
JI does the best preview section of anyone. We did some great things over the years. Going to get a copy of this. Thinking back, I did a tremendous photo shoot with Tyler Lorenzen in a Suit. Great, great preview and photo.

Back then, goodness about 10 years ago, I pitched it to Tyler then the SID and they let us do the shoot.

Great stuff.

Reaction Score
JI does the best preview section of anyone. We did some great things over the years. Going to get a copy of this. Thinking back, I did a tremendous photo shoot with Tyler Lorenzen in a Suit. Great, great preview and photo.

Back then, goodness about 10 years ago, I pitched it to Tyler then the SID and they let us do the shoot.

Great stuff.
And we all miss Randy Smith. The greatest of the great.

Reaction Score
I used to tell friends, parents and colleagues who lived west of the river that they did not know what they were missing. The Courant had Jeff and Jerry, but the JI had so many more excellent sports writers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

>>Of course, the fun for Edsall has only come after the hard work was largely done.

“I like the attitude and the focus of these guys,” Edsall said. “They’re working, they’re doing the things we want done.”

Perhaps because the group was working so hard, Edsall took a Sunday near the end of training camp and took the team for a day of paintball in Coventry. The Huskies were divided up into four teams and proceeded to battle it out.

“I think coach did good job of this in bringing us all together, making sure we all feel as one, make us feel like a family,” linebacker Omar Fortt said. “We did some team bonding over paintball. Little things like that make it more competitive but also fun at the same time.“Unfortunately my team lost,” Fortt added. “But coach Edsall’s team lost, too, so I knew it wasn’t rigged.”

Apparently a good time was had by nearly all over the afternoon.<<

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I enjoyed this:

Pages on how UConn’s defense is going to be better.

Then within ECU - their defense was so bad how could it improve much?

Well which is it?

Reaction Score
Since when did Messiah Turner move over to CB? I thought Safety for him all day long

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
they went to a great paint ball place. I have been battered from pillar to post in that place too many times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom