OT - Josh Heupel is out as Oklahoma's offensive coordinator | The Boneyard

OT - Josh Heupel is out as Oklahoma's offensive coordinator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/college-football...heupel-oklahoma-sooners-offensive-coordinator

who better to lead our QB's of the future than an a former All American QB and heisman runner up.

I know it wont happen but talk about an upgrade - you want to show your seriousness this is a homerun hire - you would need to kick your friend to the curb though, but who in their right mind wouldnt understand 'improving' the coaching ranks.

Reaction Score
You beat me to the link bro... and I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment... IF (BIG IF) we had the balls to bring him here he'd be an absolute hit IMO... He kicked us around his first season as Co-OC there in the Fiesta Bowl.. a former Heisman winner and he's still young... with quality coaching experience at a higher level than what our OC or QB coach has been at.. Nice to dream, but sometimes, if you got the doe, and you're tired of spinning your tires in the mud, you gotta come off the doe... to get out of the mud...

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
It's gonna be a long offseason.

yep - Jimmy I said it wouldnt happen - Diacos balls arent as big as his bucket hat...

i would agree to expect NO CHANGES to staff unless someone gets an NFL or higher institution offer, which would be probably zero chance after being on the staff of a 2-10 team.

APA

Reaction Score
You beat me to the link bro... and I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment... IF (BIG IF) we had the balls to bring him here he'd be an absolute hit IMO... He kicked us around his first season as Co-OC there in the Fiesta Bowl.. a former Heisman winner and he's still young... with quality coaching experience at a higher level than what our OC or QB coach has been at.. Nice to dream, but sometimes, if you got the doe, and you're tired of spinning your tires in the mud, you gotta come off the doe... to get out of the mud...
Not a Heisman winner.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't want the OC that underperforms with 5* recruits. I want the OC that overperforms with no-star recruits.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I want the OC that can get 5* recruits.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Anybody care to look up what Oklahoma's coordinators salaries has been over the past 5 years or so vs. what UConn's coordinator salaries?

Reaction Score
junglehusky said:
Anybody care to look up what Oklahoma's coordinators salaries has been over the past 5 years or so vs. what UConn's coordinator salaries?

Yep, we pay our assistants jack squat compared to other P5 programs. It really needs to be addressed.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
A gourmet meal is as much the ingredients as it is the chef.

From Mike Cummings' UConn Bio:

During Cummings' tenure at CMU, the school boasted one of the Mid-American Conference's top offenses. Cummings had position responsibility for the offensive line at Central Michigan and coached offensive tackle Eric Fisher, who was the first pick in the 2013 NFL Draft by the Kansas City Chiefs.

In 2012, Cummings directed a CMU offense that averaged 6.2 yards per play, ranking No. 2 in the MAC, produced nearly 400 yards of offense per game and scored 30 or more points in 10 games. Much of the offensive success can be attributed to the play of the CMU offensive line, which Cummings has position responsibility for, which allowed just 15 sacks, ranking No. 17 nationally.

The Chippewas ranked in the top 25 nationally in passing offense during 2010 and '11 under Cummings. CMU ranked 25th nationally in 2011, averaging 274.2 yards per game through the air, one year after ranking 20th with a 284.0 yards per game average. The Chippewas have thrown for 295 or more yards 17 times over the past four seasons, including six games of 350 yards or more.

UConn's lack of depth at QB and lack of experience along the front line in 2014 has been documented ad naseum, but of course it is easier and more convenient to ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom