Josh Carlton Mix Tape | The Boneyard

Josh Carlton Mix Tape

Reaction Score
Wow. Dematha is a serious program from what I understand so he's been playing top competition. Strikes me as the kind of power forward we haven't seen in these parts for quite some time. Feels right at home in the post, he's physical in there, good feet, not slow, and he's got good footwork and post moves and aggression. Good hands and good timing defensively. Plus, he's been up here all summer I think hanging with his teammates, scrimmaging and conditioning. Hard to tell how the whole frontcourt rotation is going to develop but Carlton sure looks like he's worthy of serious minutes. I know it's just a mixtape but this is sort of what I was expecting from Enoch and that never happened for whatever reason.

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Love the passing both in the half court and on outlet passes. We haven't had that from a center in a long time. It would be nice to see him develop a mid range jumper though.
He could be a really nice scorer at this level if he adds that to his game. Looks like he has some go to moves with his right hand, needs to develop a left.

Reaction Score
I think Carlton will be the starting center when conference play begins. There is a lot to like. As long as the ship gets moving in the right direction I'm also pretty excited to see what he becomes after a few offseasons with Carlos Daniel. He has a great frame.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Probably the best player intro mix tape out of all our incoming players.

#casualfans don't pay attention to the focus and purpose he shows when his name is announced, he pops off the bench and goes through the player line. Real impressive.

Reaction Score
Probably can't jump over a phone book, so it's a good thing First Night isn't happening this year...I really like his hands and fundamentals, I think he can turn into a rock solid and reliable player down low.

Reaction Score
Big Dave or Cobb will start. They have more experience and Cobb is a better player right now. Ollie already mention that Carlton need to improve his quickness and defense

Reaction Score
Big Dave or Cobb will start. They have more experience and Cobb is a better player right now. Ollie already mention that Carlton need to improve his quickness and defense
You know nothing about any of those three players but talk with such authority.

Reaction Score

Carlton probably played tougher basketball players at Dematha than Cobb in Juco. Juco basketball is a straight joke at times... depends on the league.

Dematha's schedule is TOUGH, man. Filled with d1 caliber players.

Reaction Score
Ollie already mention that Carlton need to improve his quickness . . .
Good luck with improving quickness.

This kid has really long arms. Already has more post moves than Sr. Brimah and Nolan put together, with the exception of the Nolan Tilt a Whirl patented move.

Arms and use of length remind me of Jeff Adrien. Footwork and movement around the rim remind me of nobody we've had for quite some time.

Reaction Score
There's a lot to like about Carlton's game. Looks like he's got some nice post moves, touch around the rim, good anticipation on the boards and timing blocks. He also looks like he has a high bball IQ which our recent bigs have been severely lacking. Welcome aboard Josh!

C

Chief00

I like his jump hook and use of his shoulder and forearm to create space. He is not a Kwintin leaper but finishes strong with both hands - which means he gets up high enough. To dunk with two hands you need to elevate more than with one hand - downside is he doesn't have huge hands. However, his hands are good. He will have a much better assist to turnover ratio than we are used to having for a Big. He also has a soft shot that stays around the rim.
I like the way his mind is into the game - you don't pass that quickly upon receipt unless your head is in the game.
They are trying to make DK the Bigs Coach - don't really know if he is? Ricky will be guards and Chills is Associate HC but is used to working with 1,2 and 3's. Daniels is the wild card - there are plenty of strength drills that could be considered Bigs individual practice. He is the most suited to coach Bigs but won't be officially.

C

Chief00

I love his spin moves
Agree, forgot to mention that in my breakdown. I do think he needs to get comfortable with his left hand more and he will be that much more effective. He seems to have that natural ability to feel the defender and spin accordingly.

C

Chief00

I am considering doing breakdowns on the new players after I have more time to evaluate them.
In general, the guys who were not in Storrs over the summer have a lot of catching up to do. This is not a comment regarding talent or ultimate playing time but rather rustiness and conditioning. Trying to get a handle on how long that will take.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom