Jordan Hawkins return | The Boneyard

Jordan Hawkins return

Reaction Score
Awesome, he needs to get some burn before playing top competition down in the Bahamas. For everyone concerned about Jackson, Hawkins is the real deal. We're absolutely loaded

Reaction Score
Didn’t Hurley say this in the press conference after the game on Saturday? Not any new news. We’ll probably hear something new after practice tomorrow when the media is there.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Didn’t Hurley say this in the press conference after the game on Saturday? Not any new news. We’ll probably hear something new after practice tomorrow when the media is there.
It's what he said on Friday, before Saturday's game:

Unfortunately no one asked him about Hawkins's status after Saturday's game.

Reaction Score
Btw, this is what the OP was referring to in today's New Haven Register/CT Post:

HAWK ON THE HORIZON

Hawkins did running exercises and took shots prior to Saturday’s game, and it appears likely he’ll return either on Wednesday against Long Island University or Saturday against Binghamton. It’s tough to ask freshmen to be major contributors right away, but Hurley has already told Hawkins he could be “the next James Bouknight.” If his athleticism and shooting prowess are as good as advertised, he’ll be a major addition to an already strong rotation.

Five things we learned from Huskies' first two non-league victories

Reaction Score
Btw, this is what the OP was referring to in today's New Haven Register/CT Post:

HAWK ON THE HORIZON

Hawkins did running exercises and took shots prior to Saturday’s game, and it appears likely he’ll return either on Wednesday against Long Island University or Saturday against Binghamton. It’s tough to ask freshmen to be major contributors right away, but Hurley has already told Hawkins he could be “the next James Bouknight.” If his athleticism and shooting prowess are as good as advertised, he’ll be a major addition to an already strong rotation.

I heard "ankle and achilles". The achilles thing worries me. I hope hes 100% or close too with no risk of making anything worse coming back too soon.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I heard "ankle and achilles". The achilles thing worries me. I hope hes 100% or close too with no risk of making anything worse coming back too soon.
Achilles tendonitis? Plantar fascitis? or hopefully mild sprained ankle. Of course if he had any of those things and he was a certain Giant running back we'd be looking at a redshirt season!!

Reaction Score
I might be dreaming but wasn't it Andy Katz on the game broadcast that said Achilles? That was the first time I heard anyone mention Achilles and Hawkins. I'm hoping Katz was wrong (he actually did a terrible job of color commentary; not surprising because he's more of a reporter than anything else).

Reaction Score
I might be dreaming but wasn't it Andy Katz on the game broadcast that said Achilles? That was the first time I heard anyone mention Achilles and Hawkins. I'm hoping Katz was wrong (he actually did a terrible job of color commentary; not surprising because he's more of a reporter than anything else).
I heard it too

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

HAWK ON THE HORIZON

My God - he will be so much better than Bouknight in so many areas on the court and off

Reaction Score
I'm hoping Katz was wrong (he actually did a terrible job of color commentary; not surprising because he's more of a reporter than anything else).
Im glad i wasnt the only one thinking this. He was tough to listen too.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I really look forward to seeing him on court. It adds another dimension and additional dept. If the reports on his defense are accurate, he should get quite a bit of playing time once he's fully healthy. As well as Gaffney has played, I have to think most of the minutes come from Polley and Jackson, especially after Polley was atrocious in every phase of the game vs Coppin.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom