Jordan Bell | The Boneyard

Jordan Bell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He will "likely" be visiting in two weekends.

Reaction Score
I want us to offer a scholarship and lock him up on his visit. He has a non stop motor and rare shotblocking abilities, even if he is raw offensively he will be great at filling the lanes in our running style offense. This kid is an athlete who can guard pretty much any position on the court.

Reaction Score
This is a quality player to lock up given our situation--don't try to one-up in this situation. This guy looks like a player who will stick for 3 years atleast and be a better winner than Vonaleh(sp) this is the right guy--dont let him slip.

Reaction Score
Comparable or not we were a up and coming program in football that is, and on our way. Bowl games a Big East championship and a BCS bowl not too long ago actually a very short time ago and basically what the hell happened we have fallen on our faces and now Espn makes fun of us. Is it the coach or what but this needs to be fixed quick. Off topic I know but couldn't resist and yes after all the threads I've read and various opinions I want Bell. Hope he commits soon so we will no what we have moving forward.

Reaction Score
offer bell and get him to commit. re: vonieh...if a top 10 recruit doesn't think he can get playing time at a school based on other lower rated incoming freshmen already committed, he should ask to have his rating adjusted. any program that stops recruiting a top 10 player because they have other guys that play the same position should have their brains checked. you should always recruit over guys to the point that lower rated guys decommit because they don't think they'll see the floor for a few years with all of the talent on the roster.

Reaction Score
man would ya'll take this football to the football board

Reaction Score
offer bell and get him to commit. re: vonieh...if a top 10 recruit doesn't think he can get playing time at a school based on other lower rated incoming freshmen already committed, he should ask to have his rating adjusted. any program that stops recruiting a top 10 player because they have other guys that play the same position should have their brains checked. you should always recruit over guys to the point that lower rated guys decommit because they don't think they'll see the floor for a few years with all of the talent on the roster.
The point is more that UConn has limited scholarships to give and has certain needs. If they get Bell and then Vonleh maybe they used up the scholarships they had on the same position and don't have another scholarship for another position.

Reaction Score
Bell was told by Ollie that UConn will offer today, but he will take all 3 visits.

Reaction Score
Bell was offered today. He will visit all three schools left on his list then commit on November 14th. He is officially visiting next weekend.

Reaction Score
My guess is that he ends up committing to us pretty soon considering we are his "dream school".

Reaction Score
The point is more that UConn has limited scholarships to give and has certain needs. If they get Bell and then Vonleh maybe they used up the scholarships they had on the same position and don't have another scholarship for another position.

Exactly, and lets not forget that Brendan Allen is now eating up a scholarship spot. According to my math if Bell commits we are out of schollies next year

Reaction Score
Exactly, and lets not forget that Brendan Allen is now eating up a scholarship spot. According to my math if Bell commits we are out of schollies next year

I doubt Allen has been guaranteed a scholarship for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom