Jontay Porter Reclassifies to 2017 | The Boneyard

Jontay Porter Reclassifies to 2017

Reaction Score
So, when exactly did Cuonzo Martin become the basketball whisperer? I actually have nothing against the dude, even though he chose Purdue over us in a spirited recruiting battle back in 1990 (at the time some experts thought he was a lean toward us until his final choice).

I realize Martin's last team at Tennessee had a nice run in the tournament back in 2014 to the Sweet 16 from the First 4 (yes, THAT tournament), and then he was able to parlay that into 3 years at California where his team made the tournament once in 3 tries (2016) and was dismissed in the first round... despite having a top 10 recruiting class that year. Then a step back to the 1st Round of the NIT this last year. Not even as good a resume as our current head coach.

And yet, he moves to Missouri in mid-March and in less than 5 months he has a Top 5 recruiting class (3 top 40 players, including #1 Michael Porter and now his brother Jontay)... at a school that had totally fallen off the college basketball map over the last 3 years.

WOW... I guess hiring the father of the 2 Porters, Michael Sr., was just the elixir to turn that dead-in-the-water program around in a hurry.

Reaction Score
Says the guy who posts threads about kids we're not recruiting. This is far more interesting.

When? I post about Isaiah Chandler saying theirs an unsigned 2017 big who's good. He committed to Wichita St a month later.

The other kid was a kid I coach was half a joke but he had some high majors snooping around.

This is an article about a kid we weren't recruiting committing to a school that has nothing to do with us? I don't get it.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
When? I post about Isaiah Chandler saying theirs an unsigned 2017 big who's good. He committed to Wichita St a month later.

The other kid was a kid I coach was half a joke but he had some high majors snooping around.

This is an article about a kid we weren't recruiting committing to a school that has nothing to do with us? I don't get it.
We weren't recruiting either of them. At this kid is good and his re classification is interesting to people who pay attention to college basketball in general.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom