Jonquel Jones Story | The Boneyard

Jonquel Jones Story

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Very good article by Davis Siegel on how Jonquel Jones went from playing family pick-up games at gramma's house in the Bahamas to the WNBA. The W needs to have more stories like this published. Well done David.

I've spoken to JJ a few times and she is a super-nice nice person. Serious about her game and career, and very appreciative of where she is right now. I'm happy for any success she has, and I hope she puts in a full career right here with the Sun.

Jonquel Jones: From Backyard To Arena, On The Rise In Connecticut

GettyImages-682775396_master.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Excellent article. 20 rebounds is a great way for her to start the year. Her, Tuck, and Williams all played well. If Banham would start hitting 3's like she's supposed to, last year's draft and acquisitions will have been immense.

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting psconn, and Reading Roger G.

I am so impressed with this young woman. I can't imagine leaving a family in another country as a teenager to go play basketball in the USA.

Reaction Score

I am so impressed with this young woman. I can't imagine leaving a family in another country as a teenager to go play basketball in the USA.

Not to seriously downplay this kid coming to the USA for a scholarship---some kids find it hard to be away from home---but for over `many years kids left home or were sent as indentured servants--I consider it a bit better off than a slave--but who they or their parent had a choice--for the chance at a better life or education--or Au Pair are kids away from home.
This young woman has a chance at a college education , WNBA, Euopean BB, a much better future--

Reaction Score

To qualify my wording---if Slavery is 10000 disgusting indentured servant is---100 disgusting---Indentured I don't equate to slavery---but still without control of your current life.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom